Rumours and Transfers 2014

Have no football knowledge whatsoever, and is part of the 'behind the scenes' crew. Lets not forget he came in to work the computers and admin, not be part of the coaching/matchday team.

How do you know he has no football knowledge?

He's probably got a damn sight more than me and you by now after helping first Dickov and now Johnson.

Should football be such a closed shop where, by and large, you had to play the game to be able to work in it? There could be thousands of untapped Mourinho's out there.

Good luck to him, he's living the dream.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know he has no football knowledge?

He's probably got a damn sight more than me and you by now after helping first Dickov and now Johnson.

Should football be such a closed shop where, by and large, you had to play the game to be able to work in it? There could be thousands of untapped Mourinho's out there.

Good luck to him, he's living the dream.

Lets get Jenny Warburton and the rest of the backroom goon brigade on the bench aswell then? I might send the finance girls out on site next week and tell the joiners how to hang doors.

I think Id like a coach who has played the game, studied the game and is of use to the players and manager, rather than someone from the admin department who it appears doesnt have an actual job, just does the :censored: noone else does.

Lets get Jenny Warburton and the rest of the backroom goon brigade on the bench aswell then? I might send the finance girls out on site next week and tell the joiners how to hang doors.

I think Id like a coach who has played the game, studied the game and is of use to the players and manager, rather than someone from the admin department who it appears doesnt have an actual job, just does the :censored: noone else does.

Who said he's a coach?

Jesus! Did he steal your boyfriend or something?

Jealousy Is a bad thing especially when you clearly havent the first clue what BQ does at the club in the first place.

He's a coach?

I think Id like a coach who has played the game, studied the game and is of use to the players and manager,

A trained, talented football coach who hadn't been a player could be very useful. Different perspective and all that.

Yes, I'm available & willing to be trained to do this for the right money if anyone's interested.

A few years ago, I wasn't sure that he should have been playing a part in the warm up beyond laying out cones & poles because I think that's an important part of the players' match prep (otherwise, why do it) and I was amused when his profile was in the programme as a kit sponsorship option (but then if money comes in, who cares)

However, when we need to make every penny stretch, I think it's great to have someone around the club who will muck in and do whatever he's asked to do for the club whether it be reviewing match videos, some admin, helping organise kits, etc. He also seems to be popular with the other club staff so if they like having him at pitchside and he's happy to put up with the awful acoustics there then that's good enough for me.

Who said he's a coach?

Not me

Jesus! Did he steal your boyfriend or something?

Jealousy Is a bad thing especially when you clearly havent the first clue what BQ does at the club in the first place.

No, he was my boyfriend. Seriously, the only jealousy I have is he gets in for free. Someone tell me exactly what he does, that warrants a spot on the sideline?

I was under the impression, Manager, Assistant (to relay instructions), physio (for injuries), coaches (at a push to warm up/offer opinion if required) and subs were of use on the touchline.

Why would you need anyone else? Billys a fan and sits on the bench because he can, not because hes required.

Wasn't he there to make notes for Johnson? As in Johnson wanted something recorded to mention at half time so he told Billy to make a note of it so he could concentrate on the game? I am sure that is what he was doing until Rotherham when he tried to get a bit tasty?

As for getting in free, if I worked at the club Monday to Friday, personally I would expect to get in for free, enough people get into games free, not just those who work at clubs.

Wasn't he there to make notes for Johnson? As in Johnson wanted something recorded to mention at half time so he told Billy to make a note of it so he could concentrate on the game? I am sure that is what he was doing until Rotherham when he tried to get a bit tasty?

Yeah if I remember right he does some kind of stat analysis during the game. And if he wants to tell the odd gob:censored:e to :censored: off, more power to him.

Why not Peter Clarke? 32 year old centre half. Higher division experience (and younger) than Lockwood. I know we have Lockwood under contract but depth and competition never did anyone any harm.

Clarkey would defo be interested in latics if the right offer came along. Fleetwood sniffing around if they get promoted as we're Carlisle before the drop. A leader in the gregan mould and until this season ever present and captain at all the clubs he has played at except Everton . Under 21 captain played at highest level bags of experience and better than Lockwood Wilson and kusunga. Problem is think Lj had settled on these 3 and looking to strenghten other areas

Edited by Pure Elvis 1977

Anyone else heard the "we've been playing recent tactics (1 up front ect.) At the request of Citeh coz they want to send us a couple of players on loan but want them to play the city way" one?

Dismissed it straight away but there was something in the papwrs a few months ago saying we'd been chosen as their affiliated club?

Gary Jones released by Bradford. Getting old now but one of the best lower league players around. Probably relatively cheap and plenty of experience.

looked like his legs had gone when we played them to old and past his best