The atmosphere in recent games

It's fair to say that in the past the atmosphere at Boundary Park has been regarded as poor. The stadium has been seen as having better days and the fans are seen as negative and stuck in their ways bunch with unrealistic expectations based on a golden era in the clubs history which will never happen again in the era of billionaire owners and £300k a week players.

However the atmosphere in recent weeks when I've been to Boundary Park has been some of the most positive that I can remember in my 24 years as a fan.

A lot has been made of the chaddy end vs the rock road end. Having sat at the back of the main stand fairly centrally for the past 5 seasons and at the back of the lookers centrally for the previous 2 seasons I'm in a good position to judge how both stand project their atmosphere and it will come as no surprise to anyone that I've found the Rre to be much louder of the 2 stands. But what has really made the difference is that their is a larger group of singers sat together rather than scattered over both stands. Because the singers have been sat together they have made more noise and because more noise is being made it is transcending to the rest of the ground. Last night the main stand moaners became the main stand motivators people were getting behind the team. It wasn't a cauldron by any means but considering their was only 3100 of us it was really good and really positive.

Now next season when the new stand opens the club or the fans depending on how democratic the club decide to be will have to make a decision on which one will be the home end wether that be the cre or the rre. Whatever is decided and not everyone will agree on, that's a fact of life. But the benefit of having the singers sat together as has happened the last few weeks has enhanced the atmosphere of the stadium and made Boundary park a more enjoyable place to be. The way we have finished the season also suggests that this has transcended into results on the pitch, I firmly believe the players have appreciated the atmosphere in recent weeks both home and away and this has lifted the players performance.

Other factors such as the construction of the new stand which has given us all so much hope or Lee Johnson's rallying calls Boundary Park feels a lot more like it should do now and the feeling seems to be one of progression rather than regression.

I'm hoping we can finish this season on a high with a good performance on Saturday which could encourage a lot of these players to stay next season and build on the foundations that they have created, as a group they could surprise a few people next season.

I have seen plenty of false dawns before at this club and my feet are firmly on the ground. However for the first May in 6 years I'm disappointed rather than relieved the season is finishing as we might be on the verge of starting something good and the keeping of the faith will have been justified.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Agreed.

But is it just me that actually enjoys a good old moan and groan from time to time? It wouldn't be the same without.

The vast majority of the past 15 years has been :censored:e, let's not forget that, but the atmosphere at the last few games has made the 'match day experience' far more enjoyable.

Away following and atmosphere has always been top notch.

Oh yeah everyone is entitled to have a moan from time to time it's only healthy to get something of your chest once in a while.

But it should be left to the bad days and their will be plenty of them days next season we will have a bad patch and lose draw a few games we should win. Then people are allowed abit of a moan by all means but while things are good lets enjoy them.

agree with you apart from where the home fans will be soon who make some noise glossop ,the north stand paddock nearest rre

imagine Blackburn fa cup with them in the big section and 3 to 400 hundred in the new stand which we'll be more packed in on that terrace, although we don't know how loud it will be in the new stand yet the novelty of it an on quieter games will be to watch us attack both goals an halftime luxury which we haven't had at bp ever

agree with you apart from where the home fans will be soon who make some noise glossop ,the north stand paddock nearest rre

imagine Blackburn fa cup with them in the big section and 3 to 400 hundred in the new stand which we'll be more packed in on that terrace, although we don't know how loud it will be in the new stand yet the novelty of it an on quieter games will be to watch us attack both goals an halftime luxury which we haven't had at bp ever

Couldn't agree with you more on this, jw. A section at the RRE side of the new stand would help to recreate and improve on the recent atmosphere at BP that most seem to have really enjoyed, without losing the Chaddy and retaining the use of only 3 home stands to avoid the stadium looking empty.

Although I struggle to see this happening without the cooperation of the club; with people looking to buy season tickets in that area of the stand it could cause some tension if others choose that section to stand in. Closing the RRE and relocating the singing area to the Chaddy may see quite a few young fans frozen out if no alternative area is found for them, so I think it's important that the club consider this.

Not that they will...

Edited by NewBlue

I think over time, and again we are assuming here that the chaddy will revert to being the home end in the future that a small section of singers in the new broadway stand will gravitate towards the closest section to the away end.

I also think that a new roof and a good bar are all that's needed to turn the chaddy end into a better stand than the rre

I also think that a new roof and a good bar are all that's needed to turn the chaddy end into a better stand than the rre

And different people in it, from recent experience, unless we have just been unlucky with where we have sat Edited by ChaddySmoker

as one of the singers I can tell you we now plan before games where we sit (stand ) at games.

alot of effort is being made to keep this going and I can tell you it's harder than you think.

it won't matter how many home fans there are but it matters how many of us singers there are.

the answer is simple. join in.

But win lose or draw the plan is to keep this going for every home game in the future.

one a different note I was told last night at BP that the chaddy end will have a bar from next season.

I was told when chaddy end was converted to seating, regulations at the time prevented a bar but that has changed and now it is permited.

another plus as more revenue for club.

Edited by brierleys555

.....However the atmosphere in recent weeks when I've been to Boundary Park has been some of the most positive that I can remember in my 24 years as a fan......

....A lot has been made of the chaddy end vs the rock road end. Having sat at the back of the main stand fairly centrally for the past 5 seasons and at the back of the lookers centrally for the previous 2 seasons I'm in a good position to judge how both stand project their atmosphere and it will come as no surprise to anyone that I've found the Rre to be much louder of the 2 stands. But what has really made the difference is that their is a larger group of singers sat together rather than scattered over both stands. Because the singers have been sat together they have made more noise and because more noise is being made it is transcending to the rest of the ground. Last night the main stand moaners became the main stand motivators people were getting behind the team. It wasn't a cauldron by any means but considering their was only 3100 of us it was really good and really positive......

I honestly believe that the Main Stand has been the loudest and most positive stand this season - simply put there are no moaners any more (especially Main Stand Upper).

The thing about the singing section is that a lot of our fans have just seen it as "a bunch of kids". It was encouraging to see a lot more older people in that section on Tuesday night. We can talk about incentives and organising stands etc but when it all boils down to it I'll echo what Brierly says the key to generating an atmosphere is to simply join in, I've done in the last few home games and it's been great.

I honestly believe that the Main Stand has been the loudest and most positive stand this season - simply put there are no moaners any more (especially Main Stand Upper).

I was in there for the Crawley game. I had to remind the moaning sod next to me that we ere actually winning; he genuinely looked surprised - I think he'd forgotten the goal.

The best way to combat moaners is tell them no and back the team. I did it at Bradford there was one right at the back of the stand telling everyone to sit down. When he got to me I refused and everyone began standing up again. If you don't want to stand go to a different part of the ground there is plenty of seats for you miserable lot

The best way to combat moaners is tell them no and back the team. I did it at Bradford there was one right at the back of the stand telling everyone to sit down. When he got to me I refused and everyone began standing up again. If you don't want to stand go to a different part of the ground there is plenty of seats for you miserable lot

That is different, at Bradford there wasn't that many spare seats, also it is a all seater stadium. Whoever was moaning about that was quite within their rights to do so. I like to stand as well but if it was ruining the view for someone behind me I would sit down.

That is different, at Bradford there wasn't that many spare seats, also it is a all seater stadium. Whoever was moaning about that was quite within their rights to do so. I like to stand as well but if it was ruining the view for someone behind me I would sit down.

At Bradford the singers didn't all have tickets for the centre of the stand. They were in other people's seats and some of those people near me weren't happy. They complained to a steward, who more or less told them that he was not willing to help them out because he didn't want to go amongst those fans attempting to move people. He may have had that problem with other clubs previously and had been told not to do anything that may cause problems (especially for himself).

There are definitely moaners in the Main Stand. Plenty of them. But that goes for every stand in every ground in the country, I like the Main Stand, it's :censored:, old and I've seen better toilet facilities in Denshaw but I like it. I'm still undecided whether that or the new stand will be my home in the future though, I think for the time being I'll flit between in order to decide.

Where do the singers normally sit? Chaddypark or RRE? I need to know which end to get the seasons tickets in and the atmosphere is flipping fab and want that next season...

I section in RRE but second A section when moved to chaddy end.

get your season tickets in RRE and come and join in.

also if you are on facebook join boundary park singers or OA95

Exactly. Plus whilst there were some empty seats, it was, supposed to be, allocated seating, I think some common sense and simple basic courtesy is required in those situations. Edited by rudemedic

It's the first A section in the Chaddy isn't it?

Where do the singers normally sit? Chaddypark or RRE? I need to know which end to get the seasons tickets in and the atmosphere is flipping fab and want that next season...

Alternatively, if it's witty repartee you want head to C section in either stand where we'll have you in stitches.

If you're on Facebook join Boundary Park Sardonic Bastards