The World Cup 2014: Unofficial owtb discussion thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 international matches, 4 months from all football.

Less than I think he should get, more than I thought he would.

I agree, I'm surprised FIFA have come down so harshly on him. However, I was looking at a 12 month total ban for a third biting offence and think he has got off lightly.

I'm APOPLECTIC with RAGE.

I'm positively INDIFFERENT to this entire scenario and give NO :censored:S.

I don't see why people get so tightly wound about things that have no discernible impact on them.

I'm positively INDIFFERENT to this entire scenario and give NO :censored:S.

I don't see why people get so tightly wound about things that have no discernible impact on them.

I'm OUTRAGED this is a DISGRACE

a 4 Month Ban THIS COUNTRY HAS GONE SOFT

He should apologise to the entire world

Oh hang on this OWTB not The Daily Mail

I agree wholeheartedly Zorro as this world cup has seen England fail pretty much as expected and with no bad refereeing cheating or pre world cup scandal The press have needed something to be OUTRAGED over so this has taken its place.

At the risk of agreeing with Robbie Savage I don't think Liverpool should have to go without their best player for summat he did in an international game - a ban for this World Cup and the next Copa America would have gone a long way to sating the thirst of my ANGER over this incident.

At the risk of agreeing with Robbie Savage I don't think Liverpool should have to go without their best player for summat he did in an international game - a ban for this World Cup and the next Copa America would have gone a long way to sating the thirst of my ANGER over this incident.

You buy a biter.

You give a double biter an extended contract and a huge pay rise.

Tough :censored: would be my approach. They knew the risks.

I'm in the 3 strikes and you are out category, if he had been caught doing this 3 times on the high street he would now be doing time.

I'm in the 3 strikes and you are out category, if he had been caught doing this 3 times on the high street he would now be doing time.

3 times, fairly certain I've seen that someone got sent down for biting someone once, and as a first offence; it's assault. In the US he might be liable for life imprisonment for doing it 3 times, thanks to their quite frankly ridiculous 3 strikes and your out policy.

FIFA have told Sky News reporter that Suarez cannot be in the Liverpool team picture or involved with any merchandising (presumably until the ban expires).

The more I think about it the more I approve of this ban. Sure he could have been banned for a season but Liverpool/Uruguay would have likely kept him as part of the squad - training, being around the ground, working with the youths etc. This way, albeit until mid-October, he can't have anything to do with them in a footballing capacity. Plus if he can't even train (other than a kickabout in the park and his own gym work) then he probably won't be match fit in October anyway.

I hope they uphold the ban if it is appealed. The uproar in South America is ridiculous.

FIFA have told Sky News reporter that Suarez cannot be in the Liverpool team picture or involved with any merchandising (presumably until the ban expires).

The more I think about it the more I approve of this ban. Sure he could have been banned for a season but Liverpool/Uruguay would have likely kept him as part of the squad - training, being around the ground, working with the youths etc. This way, albeit until mid-October, he can't have anything to do with them in a footballing capacity. Plus if he can't even train (other than a kickabout in the park and his own gym work) then he probably won't be match fit in October anyway.

I hope they uphold the ban if it is appealed. The uproar in South America is ridiculous.

Evra must be relieved he only got called some nasty names.

Liverpool should get rid. Suarez managed to make Dalglish look a complete cock, which detracted from the reputation of an Anfield legend. Now that they have a manager who has them competing with the best they are running the risk of Suarez doing them same to Rodgers if they keep him.

Did he mention whether the other Liverpool players are allowed to run around in T-shirts with Suarez's ugly mug on?

Did he mention whether the other Liverpool players are allowed to run around in T-shirts with Suarez's ugly mug on?