The World Cup 2014: Unofficial owtb discussion thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever a team looked mentally fragile, Spain are that team. Xavi Alonso is having a nightmare.

Sometimes it comes down to hunger that Spanish team who have been there and done it look like a side who are playing like this is another game. whereas the Chileans are playing like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Sometimes it comes down to hunger that Spanish team who have been there and done it look like a side who are playing like this is another game. whereas the Chileans are playing like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If Chile can replicate that sort of desire in their last group match, then Holland may have to settle for 2nd. That game looks like a "must" watch.

I'm not one to fawn over football too much really, but this has been a really good World Cup. I'd only intended to watch the England games and some of the 'big' games but I've ended up watching at least half of them.

Fantastic World Cup all round so far. Chile were magnificent against a very, very average Spanish side. With ~25 mins to go they were beat, heads down, not chasing. Chile on another day could have had 4 or 5 themselves. Spain are now, as it stands, "bottom" of the entire thing on points and goal difference.

Fantastic World Cup all round so far. Chile were magnificent against a very, very average Spanish side. With ~25 mins to go they were beat, heads down, not chasing. Chile on another day could have had 4 or 5 themselves. Spain are now, as it stands, "bottom" of the entire thing on points and goal difference.

Causing widespread panic amongst the workplace sweepstake minnows, who had their hopes pinned on the cash prize for the wooden spoon winners.

After seeing their two games and the Aussies' performance against Holland, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain go home without a point.

Xabi Alonso turned in one of the most disastrous performances I've ever seen from any player last night.

And when Fernando Torres is your last throw of the dice, you really know you're :censored:ed.