Simon Corney-close the door behind you!

Following recent announcements and the catastrophic marketing of the Season Ticket Sales in conjunction with our 'glorious new stand' can we look to have a new CEO put in place, someone who knows what he is doing?

As a Latics fan for some 40 years this really is a terrible situation SC has got us into,

1) Contiunually falling attendances

2) Fans rep on the Board who is nothing but a Lap Dog

3) 2 of the 3 TTA have basically abandoned the club and remain purely as Investors

4) A 'White Elephant' of a new stand being part built but with no money to complete it!

5) Tying the hands of a potentially good manager by telling him and other clubs that our best player is for sale because of 4)

6) Telling us as supporters that 4) will save the club-you cannot find the funds to finish it

7) Some interest in improving the match day experience, perhaps by putting all the fans together-then changing your mind!

8) Seeing an improvement in 7) purely I think by luck and by the efforts of the fans then looking at spreading out those fans by 4)

This might never happen but it is your plan Mr Corney

9) A £30 charge to those loyal supporters who havent jumped ship YET! just to enjoy decent facilities, as in other grounds.

10) The complete lack of any special offer/incentive on 4) to get fans back who have deserted the club

This new stand is your baby Mr Corney and you are making a complete and utter mess of it

Do the decent thing get the £2M from your mates and go and join them across the water and then leave a new CEO and LJ alone!

If we get the Richards money you can take it. If OAFC 2004 Ltd ends up in profit you can have that too.

You have said that we need the new stand to break even-no we need success on the pitch to stand any chance of it!

If We ever got to the Premier League you can call in all the debt. Just do us a favour Go away and close the door behind you!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following recent announcements and the catastrophic marketing of the Season Ticket Sales in conjunction with our 'glorious new stand' can we look to have a new CEO put in place, someone who knows what he is doing?

As a Latics fan for some 40 years this really is a terrible situation SC has got us into,

3) 2 of the 3 TTA have basically abandoned the club and remain purely as Investors

4) A 'White Elephant' of a new stand being part built but with no money to complete it!

5) Tying the hands of a potentially good manager by telling him and other clubs that our best player is for sale because of 4)

6) Telling us as supporters that 4) will save the club-you cannot find the funds to finish it

7) Some interest in improving the match day experience, perhaps by putting all the fans together-then changing your mind!

8) Seeing an improvement in 7) purely I think by luck and by the efforts of the fans then looking at spreading out those fans by 4)

9) A £30 charge to those loyal supporters who havent jumped ship YET! just to enjoy decent facilities, as in other grounds.

10) The complete lack of any special offer/incentive on 4) to get fans back who have deserted the club

This new stand is your baby Mr Corney and you are making a complete and utter mess of it

Do the decent thing get the £2M from your mates and go and join them across the water and then leave a new CEO and LJ alone!

If we get the Richards money you can take it. If OAFC 2004 Ltd ends up in profit you can have that too.

You have said that we need the new stand to break even-no we need success on the pitch to stand any chance of it!

If We ever got to the Premier League you can call in all the debt. Just do us a favour Go away and close the door behind you!

1175_zps4d939b35.gif

unfortunately he is the teaboy playing at running the club, wouldnt know what success is and by the sounds of it someones had his pants down with regard to the finances on the new stand, not the first time he has been done over might I add, either that or he is having the 3000 who are left for mugs the other 3 or 4000 who were at bp when he and his pals swanned into town have given up on the bloke and all the false promises, some even still proclaim them as the saviours of our great club all they are doing is bleeding us dry.

Am I reading this right? Are you criticising SC for building a 4th stand because it might split up fans who've gathered together to do some singing in the last few games? Which was a club initiative. That worked quite well. But only because of "luck".

We are not the only ones, there's a recession on, you know. Super Duper Prem League also. Also a possible rise , due to a lot more Northern teams this season

Nothing whatsoever to do with Simon Corney or Neil Joy-the actual CEO. You did realise Simon was the Chairman and Neil the CEO, didn't you?

Not SC's fault. You know of any CEO's willing to put money £500k per year in? Thought not. And how would replacing Neil Joy resolve that?

New Stand, the one everyone has been clamoring for. Some stayaways blamed their absence on the stand being pulled down.

How can it be a white elephant if it is going to provide us with a regular income stream. OR do you know something about the revenue streams none of us do? We're all ears to you proof and facts (not tants.)

To the highest bidder... you mean

It was a trial. How do you know what is planned?

AS NZ says, scrap the stand so all the singers (about 30 of them) can sit together? Ludicrous.

ARe they not capable of doing it themselves, why does SC have to do it for them?

No, lets give it away free. What are our prices compared to others then? You don;t know, there's a surprise. You are a :censored:wit if you even think Bradford at this point.

Because no offers or incentives have ever been tried. None underwritten. And no complaints from existing season ticket holders every happened did it

Words fail me, I cannot even write anything to answer this crap.

So in summary, you don't know what the :censored: you are talking about, do you?

Edited by singe

My main point on the new stand. Why wasn't it put out to tender. Get the best price and a more experienced stadia contractor

Blaming bad weather for delays and that costs money well don't start building in :censored:ing December!!

To be fair to SC he could have jumped ship years ago and the club could have gone into administration, even worse we could have seen an AFC Oldham competing in the North West Counties league.

I know he is as much a fan as all of us so for that reason I'm sticking with him.

My main point on the new stand. Why wasn't it put out to tender. Get the best price and a more experienced stadia contractor

Blaming bad weather for delays and that costs money well don't start building in :censored:ing December!!

Despite what you read, I'd be very surprised if they didn't get quotes from other construction companies prior to making a decision. Even if it didn't make it to a full blown tender.

To be fair to SC he could have jumped ship years ago and the club could have gone into administration, even worse we could have seen an AFC Oldham competing in the North West Counties league.

I know he is as much a fan as all of us so for that reason I'm sticking with him.

Been said many times before, if Corney left tomorrow then the club could keep going pretty much as now.

Despite what you read, I'd be very surprised if they didn't get quotes from other construction companies prior to making a decision. Even if it didn't make it to a full blown tender.

Who is the construction company who won the contract, and did they set a fixed price or estimate?

Not being in the industry I don't know how this works ?

Edited by BP1960

1) Contiunually falling attendances. This is a real shame, but Corney has tried with numerous incentives to get people back. Winning football is the only guarantee to entice fans back, and that's not an easy thing to provide.

2) Fans rep on the Board who is nothing but a Lap Dog. Is this really Corney? Surely this goes back to the Trust's questionable direction, as discussed in recent megathreads.

3) 2 of the 3 TTA have basically abandoned the club and remain purely as Investors. Just their own decisions surely?

4) A 'White Elephant' of a new stand being part built but with no money to complete it! - All buildings are part built in between being not built and built. It's what is known as building. And nobody has said we don't have the money.

5) Tying the hands of a potentially good manager by telling him and other clubs that our best player is for sale because of 4) Has always been the case, he's just said it out loud. We're a selling club and our better players are our saleable assets.

6) Telling us as supporters that 4) will save the club-you cannot find the funds to finish it. Going over budget doesn't mean you don't have the money. You're jumping to conclusions there. If we can't fund it then yes, poor budgeting. But you would think and hope he has a contingency ready.

7) Some interest in improving the match day experience, perhaps by putting all the fans together-then changing your mind! A small issue really, I'm also not convinced that's Corney's area.

This might never happen but it is your plan Mr Corney. As above.

9) A £30 charge to those loyal supporters who havent jumped ship YET! just to enjoy decent facilities, as in other grounds. Perfectly reasonable.

10) The complete lack of any special offer/incentive on 4) to get fans back who have deserted the club. Maybe not right now, but he certainly has numerous times over the years!

Corney's not perfect, but your reasons for him leaving are flimsy at best.

Edited by LaticsChris

So get something better for a lesser price? I don't suppose you know where I can get a new BMW 1 Series for less than my Ford Focus do you?

Am I reading this right? Are you criticising SC for building a 4th stand because it might split up fans who've gathered together to do some singing in the last few games? Which was a club initiative. That worked quite well. But only because of "luck".

as one of the singing fans. there are no plans to go into the new stand. and we will move together to either paddock or chaddy when rocky rd closed.

and its nothing to do with the club we have a better, and it will be better singing section.

and its defo not luck.

Morons like you are completely and utterly braindead.

Move over SC and let somebody else in - WHO FFS.

Nobody is interested in Oldham Athletic FC and basically never has been.

Get off SC back because without him and the TTA we would be playing Stockport in the league next season (and the one after and the one after that).

Might not be the best chairman we have ever had but at the moment he is the ONLY one interested in keeping us going.

Get into into your thick brain - We are a struggling league one club barely getting 4000 and NOBODY is interested in taking us over.

SO until you win the lottery or that knight from the Arab world comes along get behind SC and the club or go and watch City.