sky sports news

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair he was probably :censored:ting his pants...can't imagine he has done many interviews never mind live interviews for the biggest sports channel. Also the questions were directed at him like he has been around the club for a couple of seasons...he won't know jack :censored: about the lads or how we were set up last year.

It concerns me that he could have been planning this whole thing whilst under the impression that the Stadium capacity will be a great deal higher than it actually is.

I hope it was just a temporary brain fart.

Get the capacity really high and do a Bradford, sell season tickets really cheap and then gradually increase the price each season.

Nothing much new, except he said he'd like to redevelop the main stand after this one.

Think he was exaggerating when he said it'd take capacity up to 16000.

Why? The current capacity is 10638 add the 2300 in the North Stand which brings it up to 12938. He's therefore planning on just over 3000 in the new main stand. Not enough in my opinion, if we seriously want to play in the Championship on a regular basis.

Why? The current capacity is 10638 add the 2300 in the North Stand which brings it up to 12938. He's therefore planning on just over 3000 in the new main stand. Not enough in my opinion, if we seriously want to play in the Championship on a regular basis.

Sorry a bit silly of me I forgot that the current main stand would be demolished and hose seats would be lost, so the new one would have a few more than 3000.

Sorry a bit silly of me I forgot that the current main stand would be demolished and hose seats would be lost, so the new one would have a few more than 3000.

That's what I thought too, incidentally I think the new stand will have a bigger capacity than 2300. The current main stand is actually badly designed in my view, it doesn't go anywhere near the length of the pitch and is probably only 2 tiers for the equivalent of penalty box to penalty box. The steps down or more accurately up to the dressing room is a serious issue for injured players, presumably with the shop moving that extra bit can be used for seating too. The bar is cramped, as is the main food kiosk, the toilets are dodgy, it's got no disabled access (I can see some stricter legislation coming in about that to the detriment of many clubs throughout the football pyramid), and it is certainly showing it's age and struggles to get the required safety certificates.

A stand like the new one but with an extra tier of seating on top of a row of executive boxes (or whatever) could easily provide the required number of seats for us to have a16000 capacity stadium.

Courtney's got ambition, but so he should, the realist in me wants him to finish the new stand first before publically mentioning developing any other ones.

The North Stand capacity was upped to 2,600 a few months ago, See the North stand Blog so the new capacity will be 13,238. Maybe a full pitch length new Main stand could just about bring it up to 16K, it would have to hold 2,762 more than it does now.

Is there not scope to add a 2nd tier to the RRE?

That would help reach 16k for sure.

I vaguely recollect talk of a possible second tier when it was built.

Can i ask, how many times have we averaged more than 15,000 in the last 50 years? I can only think of once, but i might be wrong.

We will struggle to get 4,000 home fans this season.

This talk of 16,000 and being top end championship is embarrassing!

No, moaning about every little :censored:in thing that goes on at the club is embarrassing.

Talk of the bigger crowds and playing at a higher level is looking to the future and being optimistic and probably the first time the club has shown real ambition in years.

Edited by palmer1

No, moaning about every little :censored:in thing that goes on at the club is embarrassing.

Talk of the bigger crowds and playing at a higher level is looking to the future and being optimistic and probably the first time the club has shown real ambition in years.

He/she has a point though. We've been in this division for nigh on twenty years now. Getting to the Championship would be a minor miracle. Getting to the top end of that division is dreamland stuff, as things stand. So I think the point is that 16,000 (and, in all likelihood, less than that) is ample, since our attendances haven't averaged half of that figure for decades now.

He/she has a point though. We've been in this division for nigh on twenty years now. Getting to the Championship would be a minor miracle. Getting to the top end of that division is dreamland stuff, as things stand. So I think the point is that 16,000 (and, in all likelihood, less than that) is ample, since our attendances haven't averaged half of that figure for decades now.

I never said it was going to happen, and i agree 16000 is more than enough.

However does talking about the future in optimistic fashion no matter how unlikely embarress anyone?

Makes a change from the negativey that is constant upon this message board