New Home Kit's Finally Arrived

No it's not.

Aren't you a mod?..if you are condoning that word on here that's disgusting.

If that and other similar swearwords are going to allowed you can count me out for any future funding to keep the site going as I've done on the past.

You have rules on here you need to enforce them.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a message board open to families as are daily newspapers, if I were the mods I'd ban you if you used that word again on here.

So Zorrro used the word :censored:, let's not change the thread into a comments section of the Daily Mail.

Aren't you a mod?..if you are condoning that word on here that's disgusting.

If that and other similar swearwords are going to allowed you can count me out for any future funding to keep the site going as I've done on the past.

You have rules on here you need to enforce them.

:censored: no.

if I were the mods I'd ban you if you used that word again on here.

But you're not. A believe me it's :censored:ing hard trying to manage that policy, you're on hiding to nothing - where do you draw the line?

So Zorrro used the word :censored:, let's not change the thread into a comments section of the Daily Mail.

But you're not. A believe me it's :censored:ing hard trying to manage that policy, you're on hiding to nothing - where do you draw the line?

You start with the 1 word if you have to! Do you utter that word in front of ladies and U18s?

Do you utter that word in front of ladies and U18s?

My lads (both under 18) both go into football grounds and pubs with me, with earplugs in - but they're pretty good at lip reading so I'm bollocksed any way up.

Managing the policy is easy, it's either the mods can't be bothered or don't want to bring them to task for fear of losing their membership.

Incidentally, why did you use that word, does it make you feel big and a desire to be noticed ?

Edited by BP1960

Managing the policy is easy, it's either the mods can't be bothered or don't want to bring them to task for fear of losing their membership.

Incidentally, why did you use that word, does it make you feel big and a desire to be noticed ?

What a load. It's easy? I'll tell you what, I'll montior the website all day and the word filter and the countless complaints about being kicked for saying PENIS and the like - because that's what it'll take - and you can pay me the wages that I'm on now.

Knob. Dick. Crap. WTF. FFS. LMFAO. How about those? How about the leet? Look up leet......how about leet? What's wrong with profanity?

What a load. It's easy? I'll tell you what, I'll montior the website all day and the word filter and the countless complaints about being kicked for saying PENIS and the like - because that's what it'll take - and you can pay me the wages that I'm on now.

Knob. Dick. Crap. WTF. FFS. LMFAO. How about those? How about the leet? Look up leet......how about leet? What's wrong with profanity?

BP doesn't like it when people use FFS either.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/44813-terry-dunfield/?p=694140

I think it would be appropriate to link to this bit of comedy gold.

http://youtu.be/2NDPT0Ph5rA

BP doesn't like it when people use FFS either.

I suppose its just horses for courses. Some people are offended, some are not.

My dad never condoned swearing; that is of course until I set fire to our garage roof after lighting the heels of my action man and parachuting it out of the bedroom window.

I became something of a king cult figure to him after that. At least I think that is what he said...

Penis

Edited by L1onheartNew

I :censored:ing love a bit of swearing me. The more creative, the better. It's an excellent way of emphasising the point.

Back in '66, when Dylan was getting mocked, jeered and abused by the folk lot. If he'd had said "Play it loud", meh. So what. But "Play it :censored:in' loud"... instant hero for me.

We did try to enforce a pretty tight swearing policy in the early days of this site (which went against my personal approach, I have to say) but I can assure you it was anything but easy.

The way I see it, anyone of such a sensitive disposition that they're really so affected by profanity on this site probably doesn't have the stomach to attend a football match.

Are ladies not allowed to hear swearwords now? Was all that bra burning for nothing?

The bra burning (plus imprisonment and many other sufferings) was to enable women to have the choice of swearing etc if they wanted to!

It doesnt give anyone the right to assume that they must do so or even force them to listen to it! That would be the height of sexism!

Any message on here can be read by anyone and I would defend their right for it to be in good grammar and well constructed in english!

If people cannot do so without resorting to foul language, it says a lot about their education and/or their lack of respect for others!

Using swearing especially the F word to heighten a point is really poor!

The bra burning (plus imprisonment and many other sufferings) was to enable women to have the choice of swearing etc if they wanted to!

It doesnt give anyone the right to assume that they must do so or even force them to listen to it! That would be the height of sexism!

Any message on here can be read by anyone and I would defend their right for it to be in good grammar and well constructed in english!

If people cannot do so without resorting to foul language, it says a lot about their education and/or their lack of respect for others!

Using swearing especially the F word to heighten a point is really poor!

But men have that same right, so why would you question someone's decision to swear in front of ladies and under 18s but not men? It seems to me you are assuming that men are happy to listen to swearing, something that you just claimed was the height of sexism, no?

Oh, and suggesting that swearing is indicative of a poor education is, quite frankly, bollocks. It can emphasise a point expertly when time or space is at a premium.

These are all just words, part of learning the English language is learning these words and learning when and when not to use them. Using them on an internet message board is fairly inconsequential. Using them at a job interview, when meeting your partner's parents for the first time or when giving a eulogy could be quite disastrous.

But men have that same right, so why would you question someone's decision to swear in front of ladies and under 18s but not men? It seems to me you are assuming that men are happy to listen to swearing, something that you just claimed was the height of sexism, no?

NO-IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THE THREAD OF A DISCUSSION THEN I AM REALLY STRUGGLING!

Oh, and suggesting that swearing is indicative of a poor education is, quite frankly, bollocks. It can emphasise a point expertly when time or space is at a premium.

TIME AND SPACE DO NOT SEEM AT A PREMIUM SO WHY TRY TO MAKE THAT AN EXCUSE, WHICH IS ALL THAT IT REALLY IS?

These are all just words, part of learning the English language is learning these words and learning when and when not to use them. Using them on an internet message board is fairly inconsequential. SUBJECTIVE ON YOUR PART, WHICH I HAPPEN TO DISAGREE WITH-WHICH IS MY WHOLE POINT!

I have no desire to go round in circles if you cannot see the other's argument and fail to follow the points raised then it really is a waste of time!

Edited by ChaddySmoker