New Home Kit's Finally Arrived

Think we should be grateful that the shirt isn't of very high quality .. Brendon Rogers reckons it's the weight of the Liverpool shirt that's causing them to play badly :-)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-form-weight-jersey

Edited by LaticsPete

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we should be grateful that the shirt isn't of very high quality .. Brendon Rogers reckons it's the weight of the Liverpool shirt that's causing them to play badly :-)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-form-weight-jersey

that's the worst excuse I have heard from a manager since Fergie complained about Uniteds grey away kit somehow effecting his players vision

that's the worst excuse I have heard from a manager since Fergie complained about Uniteds grey away kit somehow effecting his players vision

its a play on words... meaning the weight of the shirt (ie. playing for liverpool you have a huge amount of pressure to perform)

There was a lad on the train to Notts County on Saturday with one of the old Tangerine shirts on. From proberly the 60's or 70's

Lasted 50 years or so, who manufactured that? sign them up for the next kits.

Edited by BP1960

Best investment I've made my two toffs shirts the two lees' efforts from 83-85 & 85-87. Hope they have a go at the bovis shirt.

The delays have seen me save £240 that usually goes to the club for me and my kids H & A shirts - not the club's fault but sondico are a joke in terms of quality and service. They can stick it this year! I'll use the £240 elsewhere supporting the club if I can but with no shop it must be hitting revenues???

Edited by oafcprozac

I wont be buying a shirt at all this season, we are nearly into October and there is still no sign of it which in my opinion is shocking, the fact that we are a quarter of the way into the season should see the shirt discounted but no doubt it wont be, all I can say for lost sales is we musnt need the money anymore !

What could possibly delay delivery for this length of time, Sondico taking on orders they couldn't fulfill, material shortage, labour shortage, it's a ridiculous situation and we've at least another 4 seasons to go with this 'quality' supplier......it's not as if we'll need thousands, a few hundred would be a start.

Surely the Carlisle, MK Dons, Gillingham etc. shirts that Sondico make aren't as shoddy quality as our away effort.

I won't be buying a home shirt (if I ever get the chance that is) because I'm not fond of the design, but if I did I'd be seriously worried if the quality was anything like the away shirt.

I haven't bought a replica top for myself since the hundred years of Boundary Park one I don't plan to buy another anytime soon unless we revert back to the blue vertical stripe down a white shirt (circa 00-02) but I do buy them for my son, Thankfully he didn't want the away strip this year as he "wants a blue one" taught the boy well I know, I didn't mind the initial delay as apart of me was hoping that sondico were putting the extra time in to insure that the mistakes made that led to the poor quality of the away strip wasn't going to be continued on to the home strip, however it appears sondico may have bitten off more than they can chew, unless they are willing to offer the home kit at a reduced rate I seriously doubt ill be forking over my hard earned reddys half way through the season to do it all again at the begin of next season, lets hope what ever happens that anymore merchandise from the Astley empire is going to be better quality than the away strip.

Edited by OAFCM35