New Home Kit's Finally Arrived

Women campaigned for equal rights-not to be dragged down into the gutter. Under 18s whether male or female should be treated differently to those 18 & over..

As adorable as your cult-of-true-womanhood thinking is, the use of language that you would expect to hear at any match or in any pub on a football discussion forum that anyone, male or female, under 18 or over 18, can choose to read or to not read, doesn't mean that Emily Davison died in vain.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ackey, as an Administrator, you believe in allowing all swear words on the messageboard? As if you were talking to your wife children and/or mother in real life!

I can tolerate it but do have certain standards in using it/listening/reading it! We all have those standards but at vastly differing levels. I am not saying and have never said that swearing should be banned on all occasions but those occasions are selective. If you find this point of view amazing that is your prerogative!

Women campaigned for equal rights-not to be dragged down into the gutter. Under 18s whether male or female should be treated differently to those 18 & over..

I swear in front of both my girlfriend and mother, yes. I swear in front of my male friends and father too but I see you don't feel the need to define them individually? That's what I find amazing. Your attitude to swearing on the whole is entirely understandable, if not one I share. It's the distinctions you make based on the sex of the possible reader/listener that jar with me.

Equally this is after all the Internet, so if your concern is for children (not women, of course) reading this being offended or led astray by an occasional swear word they're not suited to using the Internet unsupervised anyway - as there's far, far worse things they could stumble upon with the quick click of Bing (much better for that kind of thing than Google, chaps) than the words on this page.

It's contextual and individual and of course you and everyone else are entitled to their opinion (even if they are perhaps antiquated), but the enforcement of the rules here is not set to change, ultimately.

I swear in front of both my girlfriend and mother, yes. I swear in front of my male friends and father too but I see you don't feel the need to define them individually? That's what I find amazing. Your attitude to swearing on the whole is entirely understandable, if not one I share. It's the distinctions you make based on the sex of the possible reader/listener that jar with me.

Equally this is after all the Internet, so if your concern is for children (not women, of course) reading this being offended or led astray by an occasional swear word they're not suited to using the Internet unsupervised anyway - as there's far, far worse things they could stumble upon with the quick click of Bing (much better for that kind of thing than Google, chaps) than the words on this page.

It's contextual and individual and of course you and everyone else are entitled to their opinion (even if they are perhaps antiquated), but the enforcement of the rules here is not set to change, ultimately.

OK Ackey Let us agree to disagree! It was a previous poster who implied that through Bra burning etc Women HAD to expect to listen to all swear words and the thread took a random deviation- as it usually does! I asked you if you were allowing all swear words and you seem to be saying yes! Fair enough! Your choice!

By the way just because the internet is full of all sorts of crap doesnt justify allowing any sort of crap on the messageboard-that really doesnt give any justification!

By the way I will take my antiquated views and opinions but can i just remind you of 1 thing-'I told you Wesolowski was :censored:ing crap!'

I like the new kit and I like the word :censored:. I like the dayglow away kit too. I like the Latics and owtb, I read it when having a poo. I like a debate and a jolly good row especially while bearing the brunt, but the backbiting here is all just for show so get back on topic you :censored:

I don't know if it has already been mentioned on this thread, and I can't see any news article on the OS, but for those wanting a new home shirt apparently the current date (hopefully, according to the store assistant) is the 28/08/14. It was due to be 14/08 when it was released.

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking at this kid in the RRE yesterday at half time....wearing the away kit and it was pulled/snagged to buggery.

It's not fit for purpose, any kid is going to put it through the usual daily hell and it's not up to it....surely we have an image to maintain and quality of a product, the poor kid looked like a pauper and I'm sure it's not the case.

God knows what the quality of the home shirt will be like.

Might be a first, these shirts could be so rare in a few seasons in perfect condition....buy one and keep it in the bag