New Home Kit's Finally Arrived

The bra burning (plus imprisonment and many other sufferings) was to enable women to have the choice of swearing etc if they wanted to!

It doesnt give anyone the right to assume that they must do so or even force them to listen to it! That would be the height of sexism!

Any message on here can be read by anyone and I would defend their right for it to be in good grammar and well constructed in english!

If people cannot do so without resorting to foul language, it says a lot about their education and/or their lack of respect for others!

Using swearing especially the F word to heighten a point is really poor!

It's just a word.

We're in the 21st century now, y'know.

How can a word, that's not even aimed as an insult be offensive? How?

Swearing can't offend anybody unless they choose to be offended.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that and other similar swearwords are going to allowed you can count me out for any future funding to keep the site going as I've done on the past.

You have rules on here you need to enforce them.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I must admit I'd not read the board rules before, which include:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material or topic which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members. Quotes, links, graphics or videos (and content contained therein) in your post are considered an extension of your post and must also meet these same standards."

I have no desire to go round in circles if you cannot see the other's argument and fail to follow the points raised then it really is a waste of time!

Can you see others arguments? Why should it make any difference if people swear or not? One cannot gauge extent of vocabulary or quality of education just because of the odd :censored:. I trust that you take every effort at the football match to cover your ears. If you don't like swearing, that's fine - you can even share your opinion, there is no problem with that either, do what you like within reason. Others can do what they like within reason too.

Words are words, it's the beauty of language.

I must admit I'd not read the board rules before, which include:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material or topic which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members. Quotes, links, graphics or videos (and content contained therein) in your post are considered an extension of your post and must also meet these same standards."

I'm sure you'll agree, they are way out of date and due a revamp - but even still swearing per se is not outlawed.

I suppose its just horses for courses. Some people are offended, some are not.

My dad never condoned swearing; that is of course until I set fire to our garage roof after lighting the heels of my action man and parachuting it out of the bedroom window.

I became something of a king cult figure to him after that. At least I think that is what he said...

Penis

I don't consider penis swearing, over half the population of the world has one, and I've written it in a legally binding document, the same with labia, vagina, clitoris, arsehole and breast.

Now if :censored: were all :censored: about :censored: then they could :censored: this.

It's : censored : (remove the spaces)

Carlisle are giving out 3000 free t-shirts to fans today since their home kit hasn't gone on sale yet.

Perfect post, what a load of tosh this swearing arguament is, personally I dont care for swearing but sometimes it just works. I swear myself when the occasion calls for it, as long as it is not gratuitous, so what.

I have no desire to go round in circles if you cannot see the other's argument and fail to follow the points raised then it really is a waste of time!

You can't complain about people breaking forum rules and then go smoking in the chaddy willy nilly :-p

The bra burning (plus imprisonment and many other sufferings) was to enable women to have the choice of swearing etc if they wanted to!

It doesnt give anyone the right to assume that they must do so or even force them to listen to it! That would be the height of sexism!

Any message on here can be read by anyone and I would defend their right for it to be in good grammar and well constructed in english!

If people cannot do so without resorting to foul language, it says a lot about their education and/or their lack of respect for others!

Swearing has no bearing whatsoever on your educational upbringing.

Nor does your grammar and your sentance structure mean anything on this message board.

I'd echo Stevie J's point above; if reading swear words on here offends, then I mean really, the world needs to give up. It's done.

You start with the 1 word if you have to! Do you utter that word in front of ladies and U18s?

Amazing.

Are you sure? The height of sexism to you is for women to be treated equally to men over 18? Or as you put it above we should consider women the equivalent of the under 18s?

Amazing.

We did try to enforce a pretty tight swearing policy in the early days of this site (which went against my personal approach, I have to say) but I can assure you it was anything but easy.

The way I see it, anyone of such a sensitive disposition that they're really so affected by profanity on this site probably doesn't have the stomach to attend a football match.

I :censored:ing love a bit of swearing me. The more creative, the better. It's an excellent way of emphasising the point.

Back in '66, when Dylan was getting mocked, jeered and abused by the folk lot. If he'd had said "Play it loud", meh. So what. But "Play it :censored:in' loud"... instant hero for me.

What a load. It's easy? I'll tell you what, I'll montior the website all day and the word filter and the countless complaints about being kicked for saying PENIS and the like - because that's what it'll take - and you can pay me the wages that I'm on now.

Knob. Dick. Crap. WTF. FFS. LMFAO. How about those? How about the leet? Look up leet......how about leet? What's wrong with profanity?

Its quite easy to monitor when among the worst offenders are the administrators and mods, I suggest the admin change your guidelines as they are not enforceable.

Amazing.

Are you sure? The height of sexism to you is for women to be treated equally to men over 18? Or as you put it above we should consider women the equivalent of the under 18s?

Amazing.

So Ackey, as an Administrator, you believe in allowing all swear words on the messageboard? As if you were talking to your wife children and/or mother in real life!

I can tolerate it but do have certain standards in using it/listening/reading it! We all have those standards but at vastly differing levels. I am not saying and have never said that swearing should be banned on all occasions but those occasions are selective. If you find this point of view amazing that is your prerogative!

Women campaigned for equal rights-not to be dragged down into the gutter. Under 18s whether male or female should be treated differently to those 18 & over..