JCH Leaving

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very surprised if Simon Corney went through with this deal. Very surprised.

I think we were close to signing him before. Not sure how I'd feel about in truth. Half of me thinks he could be the big old fashioned cumbersome centre-forward we need to compliment the pace we'll have down the sides. The other half of me just thinks he's a :censored:.

I think we were close to signing him before. Not sure how I'd feel about in truth. Half of me thinks he could be the big old fashioned cumbersome centre-forward we need to compliment the pace we'll have down the sides. The other half of me just thinks he's a :censored:.

I'd take him purely on the basis that he can score goals. It's what we need and he'll do a job, regardless of what happened in the past.

can't be porter, but that would make sense as to why LJ asked how the announcement would be taken amongst fans....

hahahaha wtf, id have him... even if it goes against all morals! can we still chant 'one greedy bastard' ??

I've clearly missed something here. What has LJ said?

I think his Agent is a c u next tuesday; I think he was just a young lad who was given advice to maximise his earnings by exploiting a loop hole.

"Dont sign that deal Chris, leave and go to Scotland. Motherwell will pay you a huge signing on fee that goes right to you; not to Oldham, and in a season or 2, we'll sort you another free transfer back down South again - with it going to you again"

I dont think too many of us would turn that down, short career and all that?

If he's effective at his job, scores goals and does what his manager asks of him then all will be forgotten. It's a cheap & easy point to make but the signing of Lee Hughes will always be thrown up whenever we try & implement a policy of wanting to sign players who haven't displayed any traits of being a :censored:.

Can anyone confirm that we have Ebanks Blake training with us, sure i read it somewhere, but nothing doing with regards to signing him at the minute as he is very unfit and a stone or two overweight.

I think if we can get him fit what a signing that would be, perfect for the lone striker role, quick strong and knows where the onion bag is.

Can anyone confirm that we have Ebanks Blake training with us, sure i read it somewhere, but nothing doing with regards to signing him at the minute as he is very unfit and a stone or two overweight.

I think if we can get him fit what a signing that would be, perfect for the lone striker role, quick strong and knows where the onion bag is.

The Furtherwood Road stalker says LJ confirmed he is training with us but won't be signing as he's 4 stone overweight. What a waste of an exceptionally promising career!

The Furtherwood Road stalker says LJ confirmed he is training with us but won't be signing as he's 4 stone overweight. What a waste of an exceptionally promising career!

Yes what a waste i know he has struggled with injuries for the past season or two but i am sure he was at Ipswich and playing 1st team football last season, so to put 4 stone on in the close season must be a record the Jose Baxter would be proud of.

Let's hope he can get himself back fit and playing football hopefully for us!!!!

It's funny that many Latics fans dislike Porter far more, for screwing the club out of a bit of money, than they do Connor Brown for publicly slating a rape victim and, in some cases, even Lee Hughes for what he did.

Blimey, surely it's discussed in differing context?

Edited by JoeP