Another Athleticos thread - are you sitting down?

I could hear you all on BBC manc as it was the featured match......keep it up.

Just ask topoff to keep his top on now as winter is coming and I fear hell get a chest infection.

Did the little lads in the chaddy behind the goal sing today and take their top off s too?

Yes,Topoff is setting a worrying trend. I look forward to reading about their pneumonia at work in the coming weeks.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you an adult? Why are you hanging around with 15 year old boys..?

Thats a shocking comment, as my 8 year old stands with him and is part of the group I generally sit close by to keep an eye on him not that I should have justify myself to someone who clearly knows nothing about me.

Edited by athleticosOA95

Not wishing to divert the thread onto a RRE vs Chaddy acoustics debate but I sat in the RRE today for the first time in ages and I found I could hear the Athleticos loud and clear, even when it looked like them just singing. Nothing ear shattering but I could hear them just fine.

It goes without saying that it will only be louder if more people join in. For me where they are is irrelevant.

Not wishing to divert the thread onto a RRE vs Chaddy acoustics debate but I sat in the RRE today for the first time in ages and I found I could hear the Athleticos loud and clear, even when it looked like them just singing. Nothing ear shattering but I could hear them just fine.

It goes without saying that it will only be louder if more people join in. For me where they are is irrelevant.

Louder yesterday in part due to the :censored:e away following and nearly as :censored:e home following.

I also thought the Athleticos were larger in number yesterday. But hated their sign.

Louder yesterday in part due to the :censored:e away following and nearly as :censored:e home following.

I also thought the Athleticos were larger in number yesterday. But hated their sign.

Oh I'm not saying they were noisy (at least not when they sung on their own) just that they were perfectly audible. Naturally if you sit in the RRE next to a better away following they will sound louder as they are nearer or even if there is a group of home fans singing constantly in the RRE you won't hear the Chaddy End. I sit in the main stand upper, on the halfway line, and can hear both stands well enough when people make noise. In fact there was a game recently where there was supposedly a good away following, singing all game, and I wasn't even aware there was one until I got home on here and people said so.

As for the Athleticos leave them to it I say. Others have said it's helping attract the younger fans and I kinda believe them. My 13 year old cousin lives abroad but comes home on a semi-regular basis and he loves them. He was a United fan after his dad but switched allegiances towards back end of last season. Before the Athleticos I know but this group is helping keep his interest and he goes standing with them when at home games. It's pissing his dad off no end so at least we can take one positive out of the group!

Edited by Oafc88

I can't wait for the Chaddy vs RRE vs Broadway Stand acoustics debate...

I was quite impressed with them yesterday. The only other time I'd seen or really noticed them was Fleetwood at home. But there were far more and added a bit of an atmosphere which simply wouldn't have been there. Towards the end of the game it was good and had a lot of the main stand and paddock joining in too.

Anything which gets youngsters interested and feeling part of something is only good for the club IMO.

As for the Athleticos leave them to it I say. Others have said it's helping attract the younger fans and I kinda believe them.

Definately. 100%.

When #thegroup was first mooted it was defo too political and the prospect of adults gettin involved and turning it into a left wing :censored:fest was massively cringey. Now its mostly a load of kids :censored:in about havin a laugh and backing the team, I think its great. I think everyone likes them really, just that its funny to wind that certain poster up! Surprised to hear he is an adult based on his posts.

BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, DA NA NA NA, DA NA NA NA!

No complicated lyrics, gives us something to sing for one of our new players, can dance about like idiots while singing it. Perfect.

Make this happen please.

BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, DA NA NA NA, DA NA NA NA!

No complicated lyrics, gives us something to sing for one of our new players, can dance about like idiots while singing it. Perfect.

Make this happen please.

I have to say it will keep us warm during the winter months if we do bounce when ice station Zebras weather kicks in...same as pukka's...

Boom, boom boom, let me hear you say JABO.....

Don't know about the next line of a girl with a booty so big and round....as I might think your talking about me.

Maybe more of one for an away game and I'll probably get slated for suggesting we steal a song but I've heard Newcastle fans signing this at West Brom and thought it was brilliant

Words (in case you dont understand Geordie) in the tune of achey brakey heart

Don't take me home

Please don't take me home

I just don't want to go to work

I wanna stay here

And drink all the beer

So please don't, please don't take me home

Maybe more of one for an away game and I'll probably get slated for suggesting we steal a song but I've heard Newcastle fans signing this at West Brom and thought it was brilliant

Words (in case you dont understand Geordie) in the tune of achey brakey heart

Don't take me home

Please don't take me home

I just don't want to go to work

I wanna stay here

And drink all the beer

So please don't, please don't take me home

Great song, but can't work out what ground they are at...