fantastic result

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We really didn't play as well as we have been, but to get a result like that with our keeper only having to make 1 save all game is good enough for me. I thought it looked a soft penalty but Danny P has a knack of winning them. Great vocal support only downside was the trouble after the penalty. Hope the person who was being treated by the paras is ok, did I see big Kenny helping out? Beer and curry are going to taste good tonight.

Edited by disjointed

danny philliskirk DannyPhilly

@

Absolutely buzzin. Big win in a derby and 3 points! The Atmosphere and fans were class! Now onto Xmas do with the lads.

From twitter - wonder where the xmas do is?!

Id imagine thier curry and beer will taste good too!

Lee Johnson has been trying to win games like that all season.

Get the lead. Soak up the pressure. Sucker punch the opposition on the break. All too often we draw 1-1.

I make that his biggest away league win as a manager. Paddy Kenny's save at 1-0 a key part of it, one of those where in previous games it may have nestled in the corner as we all wonder if Rachubka could have done better.

First half I thought we were good value for the lead, although Wilson and Kusunga errors were almost costly and they whipped in three great crosses which just needed a touch for a goal.

Second half I was disappointed in how our front three allowed them to play out from the back. Jones was always involved, if not always effective while Dieng and Kelly worked their knackers off to stifle Dale's creativity. The centre half pairing were solid while Mills frustrated much of their play.

The two goals were our only real threats second half. Both were lovely moves. Looked a penalty to me - lino signalled before the referee moved. I knew the second Johnson goal was coming three passes before he got the ball. Lovely football by all involved.

Winning by three goals away from home at a side that started the day above you? I'll take that.

I personally feel we have played much better in games and not taken 3 points - if that points to a resiliance and toughness then all the better!!

What we did well today was seize key moments of the game - all three goals were examples of this.

I felt they should have made far more of the space they created on our right hand side. We were absolutely wide open at times.....but just as we were beginning to come under real pressure we stole away and won the penalty!

A key three points from which to build, hope the players enjoy their well deserved xmas do!!

Super 3 points in a scrappy game, Dale frustrated us from the start and forced us into errors out defence was pretty solid bar a few shaky moments, we caught them on the counter for all 3 goals, lucky deflection to Johnson for the opener.

Dale looked a decent side well organised and how good is thier Young lad Jamie Allen no 27 he looks a really good prospect at only 19 years old, Philly my MOM held the ball up superbly well and got the two assists, Forte had an off day couldent get in the game, I don't think we will be keeping DJ past his loan I really can't see it unless Corney stumps up the cash to get him in January someone else will, 3 goals and a assist in 3 games doesn't go unnoticed.

Thought Paddy Kenny was a calming influence in goal despite having not much to do and his experience showed holding onto the ball and slowing things down when Dale were on top he also talked the defence through the game pretty well. Good to see Elokobi and Morgan-Smith back on the bench were going into a busy period now with a full strength squad ! OWTB

Edited by Markspark92

Lee Johnson has been trying to win games like that all season.

Get the lead. Soak up the pressure. Sucker punch the opposition on the break. All too often we draw 1-1.

I make that his biggest away league win as a manager. Paddy Kenny's save at 1-0 a key part of it, one of those where in previous games it may have nestled in the corner as we all wonder if Rachubka could have done better.

First half I thought we were good value for the lead, although Wilson and Kusunga errors were almost costly and they whipped in three great crosses which just needed a touch for a goal.

Second half I was disappointed in how our front three allowed them to play out from the back. Jones was always involved, if not always effective while Dieng and Kelly worked their knackers off to stifle Dale's creativity. The centre half pairing were solid while Mills frustrated much of their play.

The two goals were our only real threats second half. Both were lovely moves. Looked a penalty to me - lino signalled before the referee moved. I knew the second Johnson goal was coming three passes before he got the ball. Lovely football by all involved.

Winning by three goals away from home at a side that started the day above you? I'll take that.

agree with all that barring the point about Chubbs it was a decent save no more...and i think chubbs would have saved it hes been beaten by some wonder goals this season like at Peterborough but he isnt a bad keeper at all. Time will tell if Kenny is an improvement

Edited by bluehobbit

Just a note about the half time youth "game" in front of the latics fans at half time, young lads about 10 years old showing some fantastic skills, looked like it was ex Oldham Keith Hicks who was doing the coaching/organising.

Aye. Some absolute talented players there. The last goal was brill. Superb ball across the little pitch and a good finish. Think it was Keith Hicks!

I keep telling myself to calm down, after all these years. But i can't help thinking that this is the best squad/manager since the great man. Still early days, but i really feel this could be better than Sheridan or Dowie's teams. Bringing in Johnson and then Paddy Kenny actually shows a level of ambition we've not been able to show for a long time.

I'll shut up now before i jinx it, again.

This isn't just a good run this is a really good side assembled here!

I just hope we have a really good go as some players are going to have bids in for in January.

Whilst can't risk the future of the club for a shot as finally getting out this crap league, it could be only chance for another 10 years!

So proud

This isn't just a good run this is a really good side assembled here!

I just hope we have a really good go as some players are going to have bids in for in January.

Whilst can't risk the future of the club for a shot as finally getting out this crap league, it could be only chance for another 10 years!

So proud

I am only worried about losing Daniel Johnson in January the rest we will keep. Due to the fact we will be in the mix Corney will turn down offers for existing players.

The playershare money for January should go towards getting DJ even if it's only on loan until the end if the season. We need another source of goals other than forte he's our man.