• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to come around to the thinking of play it, with regards to the last 24hrs....we've come this far, we have feedback from fans and sponsors, possibly got him signed anyway we've made our bed so we lie in it.

Nip it in the bud as soon as, we either have or haven't and reap the whirlwind.

I have my mind up with regards to what I will do if we have and I will respect those who may differ.

We all love our club and we are all not happy with the way this has been handled regardless if we are pro or con CE. I'm sure we can all agree on this point

And I agree with maddog, if feeling more down with it all the longer it continues.

Edited by underdog

I personally feel that what hughes did once he hit that car is far worse than what evans is supposed to have done. Some are suggesting hughes was ok as it was just drinking driving. He'll have seen those bodies and run off. Far worse.

It's not about one being worse than the other. It's about remorse and seeking forgiveness.

I'm starting to come around to the thinking of beag and play it, with regards to the last 24hrs....we've come this far, we have feedback from fans and sponsors, possibly got him signed anyway we've made our bed so we lie in it.

Nip it in the bud as soon as, we either have or haven't and reap the whirlwind.

I have my mind up with regards to what I will do if we have and I will respect those who may differ.

We all love our club and we are all not happy with the way this has been handled regardless if we are pro or con CE

Sorry, this isn't my view, I think it is what the club are hoping but I do not want him anywhere near my club. We are tarnished for no reason and think the only way we could salvage anything from this now is to pull out as soon as possible.

Sorry, this isn't my view, I think it is what the club are hoping but I do not want him anywhere near my club. We are tarnished for no reason and think the only way we could salvage anything from this now is to pull out as soon as possible.

Then I apologies, so much to read that I have mis-read and quoted it and will edit it now.

If the club had any sense - and by now it should be pretty bloody clear that they don't - they'd have asked their main sponsor for a written undertaking that their sponsorship would no be affected, before signing Evans.

This is a farcical litany of monumental and repeated balls ups.

They should have done it and then announced it which would have probably had less kick-back as the longer it drags on the more people who aren't even associated to the club feel they can have some input to it.

The club looks weak.

Mike Keegan ‏@MikeKeegan_DM 1h1 hour ago

Sports Direct key factor in Oldham decision on Ched Evans. Club cannot afford to lose £1m.

"Despite the outcry it is thought Mike Ashley, the owner of Sports Direct, which is Oldham’s main sponsor, would not withdraw his backing should Evans sign".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/05/ched-evans-oldham-pull-out-signing

Playershare should form a view. My view is this: suspend any payments to the club if we sign Evans. Otherwise, Playershare is indirectly funding him. All those in favour?

Totally agree, I suppose this is then down to the playershare committee and possibly all contributors.

"The Greater Manchester police and crime commissioner, Tony Lloyd, was among many prominent names to ask Oldham not to sign Evans, saying that the striker had shown “no remorse”.