Will there be anyone left to sit in it...?

Over time, what did the Hughes signing take off the average attendance, 800, 1000? I reckon if we maintain a bottom half/mid-table position in the league the Evans signing would do similar.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet we are skint, over spent on a :censored: or bust, going to be done over FFP, already been embargoed, construction costs spiralling and then messed up over Montano.

Along comes the PFA with a bag of magic rapist beans and Daddy Warbucks willing to splash some cash and all three lemons have dropped for Corney, several birds, one stone.

Sadly, life isn't all nice and capsuled and wrapped in easy bows there are complex related issues and they are reaping the whirlwind of their own creation.

The problem is that even when Evans contract is up i doubt that any other clubs would look at signing him unless he clears his name.

Long odds of that happening from what i can gather so long term Latics are taking a big gamble if they think they will get a decent fee for him .

Personally i think it is SC last ditch gamble at getting us out of this league - if he fails he may well get his wish - in league 2 !!!

On the subject of his girlfriend / fiance (if that is what she now is) they say love is blind.

She must really love him to have stuck by him through this - even if (as I presume she must) she believes that he is innocent and he did not rape the girl in question, he did think it was OK to go and have sex with another girl he didn't know with his mate and with mates filming it through a window.

Whilst I can just about accept this - people in love can and do forgive all sorts of indiscretions - what I find almost impossible to understand is why her Dad is standing by him.

How can he - again though he beleives Ched didn't commit rape - be supportive of a man who treated his daughter like that? He isn't blinded by love, and must therefore surely think that even with Ched's story being true he is a scumbag cheat who he wouldn't want to be with his daughter?

Nowt as queer as folk eh?

Most blokes would be doing time themselves if he came anywhere near their daughter again rather than bankrolling him......

Very, very strange...

We'll sign Evans, we'll bank on him having his verdict overturned, sell him on and then be able to finish the stand.

Which is a ludicrous gamble. I was looking at the stats before - 2% (two) of applications to CCRC result in a quashed conviction.

Will there be anyone left to sit in it...?

Yes.

I was definitely not going on Saturday earlier this week, now I'm already not so sure....

I reckon at least 2500 regulars will have paid (relatively) very little attention to all of this and, even if they have, not have such strong opinions as us lot.

The problem is that even when Evans contract is up i doubt that any other clubs would look at signing him unless he clears his name.

Long odds of that happening from what i can gather so long term Latics are taking a big gamble if they think they will get a decent fee for him .

Personally i think it is SC last ditch gamble at getting us out of this league - if he fails he may well get his wish - in league 2 !!!

Gamble is certainly the word.

Sadly I think if Evans regains his form then other clubs will soon be hovering around, nobody wanted to be 'the man' but they won't mind being the man after the man.

A good 6-12 months with Oldham and it's not hard to imagine him on his way to Leeds or somewhere like that, how much Oldham will profit from that, we will probably never know.

Thought all that had been scrapped after the Tevez affair ?

It as come to late recently since Frank Lampards loan was extended for the rest of the season that he never actually signed for New York City. The parent holding company who own all the city brands around the world, ie Manchester, New York, Melbourne actually signed Frank Lampard.

Interestingly, this isn't the same as the Tevez situation apparently.

Ackey is spot on...

When you go every weekend from being a kid its just accepted that is what you do on a Saturday. My wife never questioned it and even started coming along as well despite not being from the town and now has a huge soft spot for us.

Once I stopped coming, Saturdays where filled with other activities, and then our children where born... I now attend Swimming lessons, ballet lessons, visit national trust sites, museums and so on with the family on a Saturday.

How do I go back from that ? Sorry love pencil me out of every Saturday between August and May I am off to the Football with the lads... The reality the only way I come back is with said family in toe.

I said to my wife if she could imagine me taking our kid to the Football this weekend. Our child is just about old enough to start thinking about it. She said over her dead body. Which is a combination of our life changing as a family and this weeks events (mainly this weeks events). But it would still be hard to convince her why I was choosing to go to the Football with the older child over spending time with her and the younger child.

Once you stop... Its very hard to go back...

Wait for the "you are just making excuses" replies *rolls eyes*

Good analysis, but fans are fickle, should the Latics get to Wembley via the playoffs you will see 30,000 suddenly appear (some even wearing Evans replica shirts - not me btw), should they reach the Championship season ticket sales will rise.

However, if results go badly its inevitable more fans will be lost

Edited by BP1960