Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call Mark Thatcher......he's good at attempting a coup.

Or surely someone out of the outraged could do it the correct way. Stand and get elected.

But they won't, hence nothing will change..

If the Secretary and Treasurer resigned because of this and no one wanted to take their place, the Trust could not function.

Edited by BP1960

Not just me, its been raised in the past and now again. Like it or not Barry will stay unless he resigns.

I know not just you BP1960, It's about time someone actually took some action instead of just attacking from their keyboard. Put themselves in the firing range.

No, I'm just interested to hear (and I dare say those who pay into the scheme are as well) if it is something the Trust as a whole are in support of, against, or no opinion either way.

Given the club with full time officials (or it would seem) cannot come up with a statement what chance have people with full time jobs to do first be able to send out a statement?

Surely at this stage Chris could only speak for himself.

Given the club with full time officials (or it would seem) cannot come up with a statement what chance have people with full time jobs to do first be able to send out a statement?

Surely at this stage Chris could only speak for himself.

Surely this is exactly the type of situation that the Trust exists for?

If not then pack up and turn off the lights.

Surely this is exactly the type of situation that the Trust exists for?

If not then pack up and turn off the lights.

I think your looking for something to stick the knife in with. The point I've made is clear at this stage how on earth can the Trust board have met and discussed it let alone a statement.

Why is it?

It's there for 'structured engagement' between club and supporter - I'm led to believe that a Trust is a democratic, organisation of supporters - who support the club in any means possible, who are committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at a club, and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves. it's your club - you may not own any part of it - but it is still your club that, in many instances, will be passed from generation to generation long after the current incumbent has moved on for better or worse. I'd like to think that the fans could play a part in that future, at their supported club.

It's there for 'structured engagement' between club and supporter - I'm led to believe that a Trust is a democratic, organisation of supporters - who support the club in any means possible, who are committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at a club, and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves. it's your club - you may not own any part of it - but it is still your club that, in many instances, will be passed from generation to generation long after the current incumbent has moved on for better or worse. I'd like to think that the fans could play a part in that future, at their supported club.

Cheers I wasn't aware of all that, and not being funny either. It was only the other week some members were saying it now serves no purpose and needs closing down until the club was in danger of going out of business again like after the Moore pull out.

Wasn't having a pop as such, appreciate people have busy lives and that, just think if ever there was a time for the Trust to show what it stands for/sort its :censored: out then this is it.

The vast majority of supporters do not want this to happen, a statement saying as much would be very powerful given the national interest.