Barry Owen

I just love the idea that most people have about representatives. They all think the rep should do and say what they think. They even think a rep should do what the majority of vocal people want. A true representative will obviously know what the vocal minority i.e. us think BUT the true representative then has to make up their own mind and act accordingly.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chron says: 'A security team is also believed to have been arranged for the player an unprecedented move for an Athletic signing.'

And the deal was drawn up last week.

How can the club could come out and say that they didn't expect the outrage when they had already planned a security team?

Any excuse citing that they're shocked by the magnitude of the negativity is absolute bollocks.

Edited by NewBlue

I just love the idea that most people have about representatives. They all think the rep should do and say what they think. They even think a rep should do what the majority of vocal people want. A true representative will obviously know what the vocal minority i.e. us think BUT the true representative then has to make up their own mind and act accordingly.

So you are saying he represents his own views then? not the fans?

Yep that sounds like Barry.

You do come out with some pearlers at times.

No way on God's earth should a fans representative ever be a board director; the conflicts of interets are completely unmanageable.

Does the trust's constitution not have a claue allowing for a vote of no confidence regardless of whether an election is due?

No way on God's earth should a fans representative ever be a board director; the conflicts of interets are completely unmanageable.

I'm a big Barry critic but that's been the case from day one. Indeed that was the goal - to have someone "on the inside" - the problem seems to my eyes to be Barry went native and now works for the club, not the fans.

I'm a big Barry critic but that's been the case from day one. Indeed that was the goal - to have someone "on the inside" - the problem seems to my eyes to be Barry went native and now works for the club, not the fans.

A genuine represetntive should be at board meetings and accepting that there are some matters for directors eyes and ears only but not actually on the board

We have discussed all this before but us fans choose not to do anything about it as a collective. We kind of only have ourselves to blame that Barry is still in his position. Plenty of warnings over the years but those who choose to point out all the ills were abused and put down.

So is there going to be another period of anger followed by nothing ?

As it stands today every season ticket holder is now a member. It allows Barry to go to the board say he speaks for you all. Its clearly not the case. Time for a change.

Edited by oafc0000

Wind it up and you risk losing whatever 'fan representation' you have left.

There is currently nothing to lose.

Also if Corney ends up not accepting anyone we put up for the job at least it exposes it was all a farce from the start..

Edited by oafc0000

There is currently nothing to lose.

Also if Corney ends up not accepting anyone we put up for the job at least it exposes it was all a farce from the start..

No, I agree, think the Trust is a lame duck with the current ownership, no strong opinion on whether or not it is something worth keeping going.

The Chron says: 'A security team is also believed to have been arranged for the player an unprecedented move for an Athletic signing.'

And the deal was drawn up last week.

How can the club could come out and say that they didn't expect the outrage when they had already planned a security team?

Any excuse citing that they're shocked by the magnitude of the negativity is absolute bollocks.

Very true.