Barry Owen

It's this that sticks in the craw. Barry...representative of the club supporters trust.

Representative. He's a representative of Barry Owen. He absolutely hates all fans, regardless of their Ched stance.

He has got to go.

Been here before haven't we....

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

His position within the trust is untenable, his position as fans representative on the board is untenable and his position on the board is untenable.

He is no longer a fit and proper person to chair the supporters trust.

He is unable to communicate clearly and concisely.

He is no longer representing the fans; rather pursuing his own agenda.

By his actions in pushing for the Evans deal he has damaged the name and reputation of the club.

He is a liability and has no right to hold any of the positions associated with OAFC any longer.

Do the press know what Barry is supposed to be?

I've seen no mention on the TV that he's the fans representative on the board,only that he's a director.

Bet the press would love getting their teeth into the fact that he's the driving force behind it, knowing we've not been consulted ect.

Yeah might be a bit of a naive comment that, maybe it should read the fact that the press believe he's ONE of the driving forces behind it.

Ah. The press.

They're never wrong that lot.

When did Evans sign for Vale? Oh... Convieniently deleting articles from web pages now.

Anyway, as far as I know, no one at latics have said anything about Barry driving this. It's not hard for some hack to find out Barry was an ex-copper who also helped Hughes. Not being funny but I'll believe :censored: all until it comes from an official club source. The public lynching of Barry has been on the simmer for years. As far as we know there is more truth on chedevans.com than there is to an ageing ex-copper leading the charge to rehabilitate convicted footballers every where.

Indeed.

His position within the trust is untenable, his position as fans representative on the board is untenable and his position on the board is untenable.

He is no longer a fit and proper person to chair the supporters trust.

He is unable to communicate clearly and concisely.

He is no longer representing the fans; rather pursuing his own agenda.

By his actions in pushing for the Evans deal he has damaged the name and reputation of the club.

He is a liability and has no right to hold any of the positions associated with OAFC any longer.

I remember on an away day several years ago, a big group of fans where discussing what the problem with Barry was. All of the above and more were suggested, but I was able to put it more succinctly. I will not repeat my analysis here at this point.

I've no idea who drove what in this case. I've no idea if Barry should or shouldn't be the fans rep, I am not privy to what he says in the board room. I've no idea if the Barry Blatter basher's are right or wrong, but what I am convinced I am right about is that each and everyone of your should seek an audience with the bloke face to face and thrash it out.

You see me, when I have a problem with someone to this extent, I seek them out. It's just me that, but it helps me live with myself. Many of his detractor's in this thread I have a decent relationship with, I'd just like you to go and sit down, talk it through and then carry on posting your beliefs.

I've no idea who drove what in this case. I've no idea if Barry should or shouldn't be the fans rep, I am not privy to what he says in the board room. I've no idea if the Barry Blatter basher's are right or wrong, but what I am convinced I am right about is that each and everyone of your should seek an audience with the bloke face to face and thrash it out.

You see me, when I have a problem with someone to this extent, I seek them out. It's just me that, but it helps me live with myself. Many of his detractor's in this thread I have a decent relationship with, I'd just like you to go and sit down, talk it through and then carry on posting your beliefs.

Lags - Barry had the opportunity to sit with Latics and England and myself when we met with Messers Corney, Blitz, Hardy and Joy. He preferred to try and scupper the meeting by promoting lies about me (that I was anti-Semitic, based on comments I made about my grandad's views 5 pages after I'd expressed concern that anti-Semiticism was playing a role in some anti TTA feelings). He's subsequently slated me on here for taking part in that fact finding meeting.

Why doesn't he come to me if he's unhappy? He had a chance to sit and be reasonable. I'll never forget the glint in Hardy's red eyes as Barry grunted out of the room.

Still, bygones be bygones. Where does Barry go for a drink with his mates before or after a game.

Lags - Barry had the opportunity to sit with Latics and England and myself when we met with Messers Corney, Blitz, Hardy and Joy. He preferred to try and scupper the meeting by promoting lies about me (that I was anti-Semitic, based on comments I made about my grandad's views 5 pages after I'd expressed concern that anti-Semiticism was playing a role in some anti TTA feelings). He's subsequently slated me on here for taking part in that fact finding meeting.

Why doesn't he come to me if he's unhappy? He had a chance to sit and be reasonable. I'll never forget the glint in Hardy's red eyes as Barry grunted out of the room.

Still, bygones be bygones. Where does Barry go for a drink with his mates before or after a game.

I've no idea where he goes for a beer or the anti-Semitic beef stuff you refer to. Then in the light of what you've posted I suggest you both seek an audience and thrash it out.

I am glad I don't believe any religious :censored:e, then I'll never feel the need to be a bible basher, terrorist, hate Jew's or whatever. I can honestly say I've never heard anyone call the tta cos they are Jews mind either. Corney did say I'd gone to the dark side once due to voicing my concerns over something on here that was so important I don't recall what it was!! which I thought was a tad over the top.

I've no idea where he goes for a beer or the anti-Semitic beef stuff you refer to. Then in the light of what you've posted I suggest you both seek an audience and thrash it out.

If he wants an audience with me he can request it, and as a forgiving man I shall grant it. But not at the Court of King Barry.

If he wants an audience with me he can request it, and as a forgiving man I shall grant it. But not at the Court of King Barry.

I don't believe he's a king brother. Nor does he have a court, just sit down and air you're concerns. I believe it's better than just typing on here without having the conversation. Nothing will ever be resolved or confirmed opinion otherwise. Plus from a selfish point of view I'd then be able to think what am reading is balanced slating.

I don't believe he's a king brother. Nor does he have a court, just sit down and air you're concerns. I believe it's better than just typing on here without having the conversation. Nothing will ever be resolved or confirmed opinion otherwise. Plus from a selfish point of view I'd then be able to think what am reading is balanced slating.

I'll take your thoughts on board.

Night all. Hope tomorrow is better. ..

For the record, I don't believe any fans rep can sit on the board and not have a conflict of interest......so in the end whoever will get to the point of being slated like Barry in time. Yet it's what everyone wanted, a finger on the pulse.

Barry doesn't have enough time for face-to-faces with everyone who's dying to get him out.

I've said it before, in the past it was too long winded to appoint a new trust chairman and when any position is held too long it loses accountability or belief in it. That said I've not seen one person take a serious run at becoming the new chairman yet either.

Nor do I believe Corney would allow the new Chairman into the club confidences if he didn't want to. Besides 97% outweighs 3% every day of the week. I know he believes the monies the trust handed over for the 3% share were the clubs anyway, he told me so.

I also believe come the election I doubt Barry would want re-election if given the choice (my own opinion) and I think Corney would keep him on the board now anyhow.

I've said it before, in the past it was too long winded to appoint a new trust chairman and when any position is held too long it loses accountability or belief in it. That said I've not seen one person take a serious run at becoming the new chairman yet either.

Nor do I believe Corney would allow the new Chairman into the club confidences if he didn't want to. Besides 97% outweighs 3% every day of the week. I know he believes the monies the trust handed over for the 3% share were the clubs anyway, he told me so.

I also believe come the election I doubt Barry would want re-election if given the choice (my own opinion) and I think Corney would keep him on the board now anyhow.

that seem about right. Oustbhim but he would stay on as under enforcer.at least he is not in charge of accounts