Tomorrows Game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another defeat and we're at risk of being cut adrift from play offs.

There are so many decent teams in contention it will be difficult to go on a winning run, so we mustn't ever slip to more than 5 or 6 points from 6th.

I'll be there, and I'm thoroughly expecting a trouncing. Dickov's side are :censored:e at home but know how to win away. I'm wondering what it will be like Saturday. It would greatly benefit us to have a siege mentality and a loud atmosphere to show the whole club is together like it was, but I can't really be that enthusiastic myself knowing that some of the decision makers and power-abusers will be in the ground, acting like nothing has happened.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but the play-offs were always going to be out of our reach this season. Top ten would be a very good finish this season.

I thought we were going to be in the bottom 8 before the season started, and 5 games into it I thought we'd be bottom 4. After watching us at our peak I knew that play offs weren't unrealistic with a good January and a bit of luck.

From the teams above us to MK in fourth position are 9 teams. We've played them all and lost to none of them, winning 4 and drawing 5. 2 of them are going to be in 5th and 6th by the end of the season and I don't see why that can't have been us.

I've been a bit doom and gloom the last few weeks, it would be a miracle if we could win turn this poor form around and survive the negativity of the Evans saga, but I believe in the manager. One or two January moves that turn out well, the past couple of weeks serving as a distractory intermission of the form we played for weeks before and we can make the play offs still.

It's essential we start well tomorrow but if we concede early doors I fear the worst.

I think Johnson's playing mind games regarding Kelly who's absence instigated our losing streak, he's the engine of this team and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't start.

Dickov and his crew will be saying get an early goal and this lot will fold like a pack of cards.

I'd start with a really positive team, a proper 4-3-3, get the crowd behind what's happening on the pitch.

you don't fancy starting with 3 at the back then? :grin:

Looking forward to this after as :censored: week. Let's get back on track and back the manager and players,create at atmosphere (positive)

Any know who is the injury that LJ mentions in the chron? Says its a nightmare for us.....

Rachubka??

I can't help but feel the injury could be a setback for Kelly, as we have seen without him it has been a nightmare.

Really hope i am wide of the mark.

I did think the same but LJ says he is added to the squad in the same article. He has been out for weeks anyway so wouldn't be a lot of point hiding it from anyone as he isn't fully fit

All of my group of 6 are going.

I am expecting at least our average home support - weather permitting.

I'm not expecting any sort of protest. Why on earth would someone want to shoot us in the foot. Only a small percentage of our actual fans have made a noise - we don't know what the rest think.

I even think the team will receive better than average home vocal backing. Lets hope they are able to do us and themselves proud.

Some of the media hacks have Doncaster down as a nailed on away win today.

I hope it's not another Yeovil or MK Dons scoreline and that our players come out today and push the event from last week off this board with a resounding win.

I doubt they'll be any protests either. Had we signed him then maybe but as we haven't then OAFC fans don't care now and just want us to win. If protesters attend then it'll be some of the 60k online protesters with no affiliation to our club and if they're stupid to pay £22 then only helps us. It'll all blow over next week and the spotlights points away from likkle old Oldham.

Edited by Midsblue

Some of the media hacks have Doncaster down as a nailed on away win today.

I hope it's not another Yeovil or MK Dons scoreline and that our players come out today and push the event from last week off this board with a resounding win.

I doubt they'll be any protests either. Had we signed him then maybe but as we haven't then OAFC fans don't care now and just want us to win. If protesters attend then it'll be some of the 60k online protesters with no affiliation to our club and if they're stupid to pay £22 then only helps us. It'll all blow over next week and the spotlights points away from likkle old Oldham.

I didn't sign the online petition, but I'm up for protesting against our board today...