Oldham 2 Doncaster 2

Yes the tackle by Mills was reckless but, sitting close to the action, it was not a two footed studs up tackle and he did get the ball. A yellow would have been reasonable but the lino didn't flag and the referee didn't whistle. Dickov goes ballistic and Doncaster players retaliate. Game has to stop. Discussion and Mills alone is sent off. Could have accepted this if action, a sending off and a yellow, for the Doncaster players but nothing. Some distance from their goal but that is always a foul particularly when the goalkeeper has both hands on the ball. The advantage played from the offside was completely inexplicable and totally wrong both to give it and then to not blow up once no advantage had accrued. Their equaliser had to do with no left back - I'm sorry Mellor but you are just not up to it. Finally, why didn't LJ substitute Jabo for anybody during those five minutes of injury time?

We did collectively throw away 2 points but the referee made it possible and impartial commentators have said and will say he made the draw possible - bias no doubt, he wasn't going to give our second goal until the lino told him it was over.

Sorry but if both feet leave the ground it doesnt matter if the player gets the ball-its a red card!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to miss Mills an awful lot. However, we have a couple of options, I'd have thought Elokobi will go at LB and Dieng at CB. Depends on how LJ rates Mellor.

After a week of PR suicide, media circuses, woeful refereeing, three match bans and last minute equalisers.. I can't bloody wait til Fleetwood.

Football League Show makes their first goal look less dubious.

Doubt about whether it was a foul, no dount that it was once again sub standard goalkeeping. New keeper please, LJ.

New keeper arriving from Chelsea according to the Sun..Jamal Blackman.

Surprised me he didn't bring on connor brown he's played there for us before and done a decent job

Nah. Not good enough at right back so certainly not good enough for left back.

George can move with Kasunga coming in. If not get a short term left back, not someone who can fill in and will inevitably :censored: up...

I think if one of theirs had put in the tackle that Mills did, we'd be baying for the red card.

There was no foul for their first. Fans whinge like stuck pigs about the over-protection of goalkeepers. The goal correctly stood.

Why Mellor was brought on at left back I'll never know. If that lad is a professional footballer, then so am I......

Still :censored:ing angry...

Edited by Snookmeister

So to my thinking the ref rewrote the rule book over the mills incident.Can you imagine if that had happened in prem would be on talk sport all week. ...then he would get dropped but nothing happens to poor refs in our league.

The red card was the right decision but Keegan should have been sent off for his reaction.

The advantage in stoppage time was inexcusable.

I can't help but feel he's being very very theatrical im nets there... and all saves seem to be for the camera - apart from one or two impulse saves that are very good!

Conceded a few aswell, must be a :censored:e youth team... that or he's bad in the sticks!