Scunthorpe 0-1 Latics

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scunny is one of those places that doesn't seem far away........until you get there and you realise it's further than you thought! Great following great results.......bring on Tuesday

It's all Motorway though. If you can get out of the ground in good time, it's a good run home.

Was raging after queing twenty minutes for some non-existent food at half time. But the players kept their heads and eventually got the goal.

Didn't like the formation, but a Scunny player on Radio Humberside said we were the first team to go to Glanford Park this season and push them up the field.

Great support, apart from the knuckle-draggers kicking off with each other.

Everywhere we gooooo!

Was raging after queing twenty minutes for some non-existent food at half time. But the players kept their heads and eventually got the goal.

Thank God!

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had lost just because you couldn't get a pie. The players did well to stay focused after that. I bet bigger clubs could have folded, great win! :)

Thought we played quite well, against another not bad team, both teams trying to play football, scunny better than barnsley and we end up winning, let's put tuesday down as just one of those days!!! We didn't create as much as last saturday but i thought we were the better side for large spells of the game and it took a magnificent goal from winchester to win it, it just opened up for him and he took it well, to be honest i was just about to whinge that he hadn't squared it earlier to put a striker through 1v1, I'm glad he didnt haha! Good atmosphere and decent ish turnout, a pain in the arse to get out of scunthorpe but all worth it, got to love away days!

Thank God!

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had lost just because you couldn't get a pie. The players did well to stay focused after that. I bet bigger clubs could have folded, great win! :)

I won't forget to start a new paragraph next time, you sarcy :censored: :-)

after getting to carried away after the notts game today I am really happy we are top six.

However being realistic nothing except a win against Swindon will keep us in the play offs.

if we are still there after the Colchester game then effing awesome.

If ever there was a time to go on a good run now would be it.

and well done carl.

I feel an affinity with this side that I haven't felt for a number of years. I feel like every single one of them would run through a brick wall for us...

Apart from on a cold Tuesday night in Barnsley.

Shouldn't complain though, we're in the play-offs. I'd have snapped your hand off for 6th in February back in August.

Edited by oafc-latics

I feel an affinity with this side that I haven't felt for a number of years. I feel like every single one of them would run through a brick wall for us...

Great comment - As frustrating as poor performances they produce can be, I feel the same.

They and the manager deserve massive credit, because I suspect that feeling has not arisen by accident!!

Everyehere we go

The vocal support today was brilliant once again and reached a crescendo during the move leading up to the goal – the fans were definitely part of that goal!

The players and management showed their appreciation at the end:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/16280149369/

More pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/sets/72157650626583526/