Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Colchester 1

A huge missed opportunity. A shambles of a performance in front of a bumper crowd.

Sheffield United win putting them 2 points clear of 6th with 2 games in hand

Chesterfield lose

Fleetwood lose

MK Dons lose

Swindon lose

Looking like only 6th spot is going to be available now: with Chesterfield, Us, Doncaster, Bradford, Peterborough, Fleetwood and Gillingham and Walsall looking the contenders - 3 points separating 6th and 13th.

Not happy, but 3 points against Leyton Orient are now looking ever more vital.

Grrrrrr!! Why does this always happen!!!

Have a good weekend all.

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower league players are there for a reason ........

Staggering how often they can put on a pitiful display when more fans turn up.

If I was the owner I would be sick and tired of the attitude of both this set of players and previous ones.......cheap deal to get fans in & yet again players give them no reason to come back . Well done players don't forget your passionate apologies and drivel on social media later.

What a pile of wank; why o why do we play :censored:e in front of a decent home crowd, please no more freebies, I hope corneys in the changing room now :censored:ing the head off them, because all the freebies ain't coming back after that!!

johnson needs to take a huge slice of e the responsibility for his formation which clearly didnt work yet stuck with it for most of the game.......the attacking play of the side is also woeful especially down the flanks where the full back and wide midfielders/forte (where ever he is supposed to be) is dreadful. not just today but regularly agaisnt poor sides we have been terrible going forward.....danny philliskirk at the head of a diamond midfield also deserves a mention for contributing next to nothing how he wasnt subbed is beyond me. on the positive side we are somehow still well in the thick of a play off push which is amazing considering how bad we can be when not with it.

Well that should have them packing the ground next home game! Utter abject :censored:e. Philliskirk crap, Kelly was awful the list could go on. Only Joe Mills came out of that with any credit.

£5 offers just mean more moaning bastards, but I couldn't argue with them. Why we would play Mellis and Kelly so deep at home is beyond me. Their keeper must have been bored. :censored:e :censored:e :censored:e.

I'm sorry to play one out and out striker against that bag of :censored:e is awful! Murphy is never a league one footballer!! No heart johnson is saying turner needs to go out and get some games? Send that murphy out would much rather have turner who should he is up to it instead!! 4141 against them is poor

That was :censored:e

Kelly was the :censored:e Kelly from the beginning of the season.

No width at all in the first half

We hoofed it up to Murphy who was up against a 7ft centre half when he's an on the shoulder striker, play him in behind FFS!

Ref and lino (main stand side) wer :censored:e but we didn't deserve anything

Clueless as usual when the opposition are up for a battle, Mellis was abysmal as most of them were, only Elokobi and Mills put any any fight up. The backwards sideways passing game showed the midfield had no creativity, Winchester was some improvement though and the manager may regret not starting him. A very weak performance all in all and those not up for it today should not be in the team next week.

I would be terminating Mellis's loan and bring in a loanee who can get behind defences in his place.

Edited by BP1960

Murphy is never a league one footballer!!

You may well be proved right in time, but lumping the ball long to him isn't going to get the best out of him especially when he's up against giant centre halves like theirs.

There were numerous occasions where he did find a lot of space with a clear view of goal but our clueless midfielders always slowed the play, had a think and moved the ball wide allowing Colchester to regroup.

My instinct is that we've bought another pup. But today's not his fault. Far from it.

Edited by opinions4u

The most predictable outcome in history. Cursed myself for not putting 1-0 Colchester before the game.

That being said, Orient will come at us and we will beat them.

Only 6th to play for. We're in 6th now.

Enjoy your evenings.

As disappointing as that was, the booing at the end was a fookin joke, we are STILL in the playoffs punching far above our weight. Some absolute knobs sat in the Rocky one saying Liam Kelly was :censored:e and all he does is pass sidewards. Please don't put another ticket offer on ?

I think Murphy will be very good at this level. All he needed today was one of the midfielders to play a pass between the full back and centre half and he's away. Instead all he gets is one of the defenders hoofing the ball up straight onto the centre half's head.

And Murphy made clever run after clever run all half but we were too slow to find him.

This, a hundred times. The amount of times in the first half that Murphy made a decent run and found space, only for the ball to get passed sideways AGAIN was unbelievable.

It was sideways, sideways, sideways, sideways, HOOF to their number 18 who picked it off every time.

I just wish that whoever it is with the ball would just LOOK THE :censored: UP see the run and play a simple ball to feet.

It's not :censored:ing difficult.