New Manager thread.

If he does get the job then he wont be the name capable of keeping our decent players like Kelly, Mills, Jones, Wilson etc.

Will be a whole new squad by first day next season, gutted. SC either not learning or up to someting more sinister.

Got caught up in the excitement at the new stand open day and was buzzing for next season. All that will be gone if this happens ?

Probably :censored: the season ticket off too. Devoed.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try and stay away from 'anybody who still thinks...' type posts

But

If this happens anybody who still thinks LJ was not pushed out is an idiot.

Going back five or so years there used to be a 'Corney doesnt want promotion' type conspiracy theory that I used to think was stupid, now Im not so sure.

Seriously don't know much about the bloke, but bloody hell another newbie???

I'm fed up with breaking them in. It's on FB that possible Neil Redfern could be free in a weeks time....pleeaasseeeeeee, can't we have Neil or someone with a bit of pedigree.

I wonder how many applicants were actually interviewed and what they must be thinking now.

It is a quite unbelievable appointment and if he fails to move us forward as I fear he will Corney will be absolutely murdered on here!!!

I wonder how many applicants were actually interviewed and what they must be thinking now.

It is a quite unbelievable appointment and if he fails to move us forward as I fear he will Corney will be absolutely murdered on here!!!

So - like many on here I am underwhelmed by this strong rumour. Not the type or pedigree of manager I had hoped for. However, we should give him time and our support. I just hope that he adopts a high tempo positive approach to the game. I also hope that we can hold on to the core of our team for the coming season.

Couldnt give a toss about on here. The potentially toxic atmosphere at games however worries me massively. Especially if we are going to have a team of kids and newbies.

The treatment of Kelly and Jones at the start of the season. Plus how our idiot fans hound out decent championship level players like Eardley, Davies, OGrady, Tierney etc.

I cant face it Im not coming. ????

Corney doesnt care, when will people realise this, he has ripped the heart and soul out of the place, he is content with mediocrity and will take this club even further down if he thinks Kelly is the man.

Completely agree the club may have missed an opportunity here to increase season ticket sales but I'm 100% behind the new man and won't be judging until he has a fair crack.

What's the point being negative about it? Hardly going to help. If the decisions been made then it ain't going to change.

The one thing I'd love to know is how he got himself an interview, never mind the job! With a CV like that up against some of the 'strong candidates' he must have something about him at least. Let's hope he can have the same influence over a squad of players.

re those returning season tickets etc. Buy a season ticket or don't, simple choice. Don't go telling every man and his dog about it. We've had worse situations over the years but it hasn't stopped us remaining hard core supporting our team and having hope for the season ahead.

Great division and lots of good away days this season, I'm looking forward to the fixtures coming out and friendlies already.

Couldnt give a toss about on here. The potentially toxic atmosphere at games however worries me massively. Especially if we are going to have a team of kids and newbies.

The treatment of Kelly and Jones at the start of the season. Plus how our idiot fans hound out decent championship level players like Eardley, Davies, OGrady, Tierney etc.

I cant face it Im not coming.

Treatment of Jones? Who hounded them out? Don't remember that.

Treatment of Jones? Who hounded them out? Don't remember that.

Yeah Jones got dogs abuse at preston.

The rest were hounded out. Choose not to remember it if you want.

Our fans are pricks, remember barnsley away first game of the season that year? Gona be like that if we appoint Kelly.

re those returning season tickets etc. Buy a season ticket or don't, simple choice. Don't go telling every man and his dog about it. We've had worse situations over the years but it hasn't stopped us remaining hard core supporting our team and having hope for the season ahead.

Yeah fancy going on an internet message board which is read by the club to articulate just how bad this decision would make you feel and what your response will be.

The more I look at his twitter the more I worry.

Very unwise follows and photos. Clearly likes a dig at the English, no doubt under the guise of 'bants'. Sinn Fein supporter. Likes the female form and loves a slightly sexist joke, makes him appear a little disrespectful towards women.

Now none of this actually matters of course, its his business... UNLESS you are about to be unveiled as a manager of a lower league family focussed club.

Clean up your twitter you idiot before the press have a field day!!

Surely PR, Corney and marketing checked out his social media. Its basics these days. Can anyone with Simon's email address bring this to his attention? Doesn't bode well.

I'd say he's better off scrapping that account and starting again....it'll take him till august to 'tidy it up'

I'm an employer. I check this stuff for admin staff for god sake. This is an appointment for a public figure that should command respect from players and fans alike. Just comes across as a bit of a lad who's main likes are vacuous and naff motivational posters, the ladies, drinking and Irish republicanism.

Edited by kowenicki

I'm an employer. I check this stuff for admin staff for god sake. This is an appointment for a public figure that should command respect from players and fans alike. Just comes across as a bit of a lad who's main likes are vacuous and naff motivational posters, the ladies, drinking and Irish republicanism.

He wont be a fan our tangerine away kits then ?