New Manager thread.

I don't think it's a case of being conned on the footballing side, Twis. Most will accept that we have improved under him, or at least our league position has improved, the issue is really the expectation gap. You expect a very young manager, whose first opportunity in management you have given, to build something and then achieve this 'dream' they kept banging on about, presumably promotion. The reality feels more like as soon as we have shown any sign of progression he's left, more like a Tony Pulis wise-headed interim type than a guy with shed-loads of time left in his career. I really do feel like it is jumping-ship because he has joined one of our direct rivals. I don't dispute Barnsley are a bigger club in almost every way and had he gone to Brighton or somebody in a higher league I'd have less of a problem, but by aiding a rival it gives an impression of total disregard for Oldham. Now, given the context of the play-off race being for one spot, it is as though any advantage he has given us he is immediately trying to erode at his new club.

It would be interesting to hear Zorrro's opinion on it, rather than simply downboating everything that criticises Johnson...

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not getting this feeling that we've been conned in some way. We're better off than we were and, during his time as manager, he instigated changes on the footballing side (on the planning & analysis side) that we can still take advantage of as we move on. I may well join in with the pantomime cat calls next weekend but he had positive influence whilst here and I hope the next manager is able to con us in a similar way.

Man gets new job, other men get upset about it.

I know Corney said that he'd speaking to Dowie this weekend at a charity do when he was on Radio Manchester, but I've just watched Deano's Yeovil preview Latics player interview.

About half way through he mentions that Corney had travelled back from Port Vale on the team bus but had now gone back to New York. So we might have to wait a while longer for developments on the manager front.

I know Corney said that he'd speaking to Dowie this weekend at a charity do when he was on Radio Manchester, but I've just watched Deano's Yeovil preview Latics player interview.

About half way through he mentions that Corney had travelled back from Port Vale on the team bus but had now gone back to New York. So we might have to wait a while longer for developments on the manager front.

Or, it's already a done deal.......

Or he might have gone to New York and might be back again already......

Edited by HarryBosch

Or he might have Dowie's phone number...

Or his email address....

Or they might be Facebook friends.....

The more means of communication I realise they have the more I think this is definitely going to happen...

You wouldn't Skype or Facetime him though, would you.... :omg:

Or his email address....

Or they might be Facebook friends.....

The more means of communication I realise they have the more I think this is definitely going to happen...

You wouldn't Skype or Facetime him though, would you.... :omg:

Made me chuckle, whilst all giddy getting ready for a BDF

I don't give a rat's arse about Lee Johnson. He's gone now, no longer part of the club so deserves absolutely none of my time. He's just another person involved in football. As an individual he's free to do as he damn well pleases.

I've been downvoting things I've seen that I've considered to be crass or overly emotive. No need for a discussion on it; it's your opinion and I have no desire to try and change it. I merely disagree with the language/tone.

I don't give a rat's arse about Lee Johnson. He's gone now, no longer part of the club so deserves absolutely none of my time. He's just another person involved in football. As an individual he's free to do as he damn well pleases.

I've been downvoting things I've seen that I've considered to be crass or overly emotive. No need for a discussion on it; it's your opinion and I have no desire to try and change it. I merely disagree with the language/tone.

I am in a quandary,

There;s a rat in my kitchen, what am i going to do?

I'm still not getting this feeling that we've been conned in some way. We're better off than we were and, during his time as manager, he instigated changes on the footballing side (on the planning & analysis side) that we can still take advantage of as we move on. I may well join in with the pantomime cat calls next weekend but he had positive influence whilst here and I hope the next manager is able to con us in a similar way.

I dont feel conned from a footballing point of view and yes we have been left in a better position however I am very wary of the little :censored: already tapping up the likes of Kelly......hopefully SC will play hard ball

however..........I do feel duped as a fan by Johnson......he could have gone about his job and got the buy in from the fans without all this (now) tub thumping and #oneteamonedream #whoscomingwithme etc etc whilst all the time behind my/our backs touting himself around like a whore trying to get a better position.

I'm happy to move on but I will still tell him what I think against Barnsley and I do still hope he crashes and burns and feels the wrath of this 'bigger club' he craved.

I dont feel conned from a footballing point of view and yes we have been left in a better position however I am very wary of the little :censored: already tapping up the likes of Kelly......hopefully SC will play hard ball

however..........I do feel duped as a fan by Johnson......he could have gone about his job and got the buy in from the fans without all this (now) tub thumping and #oneteamonedream #whoscomingwithme etc etc whilst all the time behind my/our backs touting himself around like a whore trying to get a better position.

I'm happy to move on but I will still tell him what I think against Barnsley and I do still hope he crashes and burns and feels the wrath of this 'bigger club' he craved.

I feel Johnston took us to the cleaners personally.

I Presume you also have no issues with Porter (or indeed any other player)when he left BP? after all he is an individual and (as he was out of contract) very free to do as he wishes?

I Presume you also have no issues with Porter (or indeed any other player)when he left BP? after all he is an individual and (as he was out of contract) very free to do as he wishes?

You presume correctly.

please enlighten me as to what (if as you suggest you do not get emotive) what the hell you have written about for nearly 10k posts

I suggested nothing of the sort, but to answer your question: a load of old :censored:.