New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adebayor.

You only realise just how stupid that is once you've typed it.

Any name that would amaze us sounds stupid to say though.

If it's somebody like Bobby Zamora, it would hardly have people queuing for a season ticket.

Was told it was not Barton, but an ex International doing a good job still playing in the Premier league. My contact wont give me a name, but its someone no one thought of and will amaze supporters. He would be a player manager if appointed and a massive coup for SC.

England international?

The only old Premier League striker with potential to 'amaze' and bring more through the gate would be Drogba. I reckon there's more chance of me winning the lottery.

I think amazed refers to actually dropping down to play at this level not just manage, thus bringing in extra on the gate.

Edited by BP1960

I think amazed refers to actually dropping down to play at this level not just manage, thus bringing in extra on the gate.

What's the deal with that? It'd take a very sympathetic club to let their player walk out on them, after paying transfer fees/wages/signing bonuses, without seeing out their contract, to go and play somewhere else, the club would get limited/if any compo and mid-season, no chance to replace...

still want Dowie - someone wanting a shot at it just to 'see how they go' and thinking they can be successful by just playing for us isn't what we need.

Need someone with brain and who is a good coach, not a current player took on just because they're 'a name', might work for 10 games but then that'll be it, novelty wears off

(i'll get ready to eat my hat when they're appointed and fire us into the top 6)

Edited by shefflatic

What's the deal with that? It'd take a very sympathetic club to let their player walk out on them, after paying transfer fees/wages/signing bonuses, without seeing out their contract, to go and play somewhere else, the club would get limited/if any compo and mid-season, no chance to replace...

Like us with a manager?

That makes a lot of sense, oafcforever.

Hodgson spent a long time in Finland and Corney has just spent some time at Wembley so it's plausible they met. Kuqi was at a club that seems to have been relegated to the third tier for financial problems. It wouldn't be fair to judge him on that time in my opinion.