New Manager thread.

It does seem that any manager or player that leaves the club in a manner not suiting the fans is immediately hated.

I wonder how many of Those baying for the blood of Johnson were delighted when Brian Talbot, Dave Penney,Paul Dickov were all asked to leave before their contract with the club was up? You can't have it both ways can you?

But hey boo and hiss every manager or returning player if it makes you feel better. Unfortunately it won't change :censored: all!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem that any manager or player that leaves the club in a manner not suiting the fans is immediately hated.

I wonder how many of Those baying for the blood of Johnson were delighted when Brian Talbot, Dave Penney,Paul Dickov were all asked to leave before their contract with the club was up? You can't have it both ways can you?

But hey boo and hiss every manager or returning player if it makes you feel better. Unfortunately it won't change :censored: all!

Your just using examples that suit your argument here Palmer.......Talbot, Penny & Dickov?????

Name me a Latics manager that had us in a good position then left and people weren't critical?

Your just using examples that suit your argument here Palmer.......Talbot, Penny & Dickov?????

Name me a Latics manager that had us in a good position then left and people weren't critical?

I named the last 2 managers and Talbot to suit my argument lol yeah OK , add Sheridan if you like

Has there ever been one. Oldham fans are critical of everyone! They slagged Royle, they slagged Dowie, They slagged Sheridan.

Only one went of his own accord and one wasn't working under a contract at all

Arent those 3 together with others totally irrelevant since presumably under the terms of their contracts they had a claim for loss of earnings or are all OAFC Ltd contracts not worth the paper that they are written on? When I get my I-Phone6 perhaps I should simply give them 30 days notice once I walk out of the Shop

Arent those 3 together with others totally irrelevant since presumably under the terms of their contracts they had a claim for loss of earnings or are all OAFC Ltd contracts not worth the paper that they are written on? When I get my I-Phone6 perhaps I should simply give them 30 days notice once I walk out of the Shop

A mobile contract and an employment contract are far from the same thing.

For one thing, if you did that, you'd be in breach of the contract with the network provider. Lee Johnson didn't breach the terms of his contract with Latics in going to Barnsley.

A mobile contract and an employment contract are far from the same thing.

For one thing, if you did that, you'd be in breach of the contract with the network provider. Lee Johnson didn't breach the terms of his contract with Latics in going to Barnsley.

Both types of Contract will have get out clauses, one of which will be prohibitive, I think we can all guess which one that applied to.

I'd guess Dowie is verbally tied.

Kuqi maybe has been interviewed or some nice publicity and a red herring to attract a few bets.

LJ was sorted with Barnsley a lot earlier than has been implied, around when the initial spike in odds happened.

The Dowie put on the spot question also came quite early - everyone was talking about Scholes...

I expect an appointment early next week...

Could easily be Sunday again.

Yes the betting marks do throw up some silly stuff, reacting to silly bets - or perhaps tempting them (eg Kuqi when Dowie is prob a some deal).

But they also, most of the time, throw up the truth in there as well, in reaction to in-the-know bets - like when it was a shock to us when LJ was suddenly favourite for Barnsley. Those initial bets wouldn't have all been guesswork...