• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ipswich release Noel Hunt and Stephen Hunt Irish connection ? Also wouldent mind Richard Chaplow from Millwall

Would be on decent money I imagine, good player when I saw him last a couple of years ago though

I have it on good authority that DK has been speaking to Adam Barton, a 24yr old midfielder capped by Northern Ireland and due to be released by Coventry.

That's new....

Is a good authority better than a source? ;)

I have it on good authority that DK has been speaking to Adam Barton, a 24yr old midfielder capped by Northern Ireland and due to be released by Coventry.

Deep lying midfielder who sits in front of the back 4. Replacement for Kelly ?

Cov fans less than complementary about Barton on their forum

I bet Shrewsbury fans last year thought that they were getting a midfield maestro in Wesolowski reading OWTB comments.

Get Barton if we can, I dont give a toss what they say! He is a proper footballer

Edited by ChaddySmoker

That Adam Barton gets the sarcastic treatment by Coventry fans. They reckon he's hopeless and are delighted they've finally binned him. A back-up at best for Kelly or whoever the replacement is if he stays.

He was their best player by a million miles when we battered them 4-1 here this (last?) season

He was their best player by a million miles when we battered them 4-1 here this (last?) season

Was he the tall lad who got about a bit for his size ? I thought he was their best player at ours but that wasnt difficult, would he play in the No 10 role ? A lot of what Coventry did well seemed to go through him.

Was he the tall lad who got about a bit for his size ? I thought he was their best player at ours but that wasnt difficult, would he play in the No 10 role ? A lot of what Coventry did well seemed to go through him.

He is so comfortable on the ball he could play anywhere but i wouldnt suggest we shouldnt look at every potential signing to play the number 10 role just because it is fashionable, we should just look to sign good footballers. Barton was signed 3 years ago from Preston as a future star. Needs a good home now!

He is so comfortable on the ball he could play anywhere but i wouldnt suggest we shouldnt look at every potential signing to play the number 10 role just because it is fashionable, we should just look to sign good footballers. Barton was signed 3 years ago from Preston as a future star. Needs a good home now!

"That is the position for him, sitting in front of the back four and making us play, like an orchestra leader. He has got that ability but he has to demand the ball and get on it more times."

Said Phil Brown, the weapon...