League 1 Activity

19 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Darren Ferguson is going to be in trouble after his post match interview today.

Interviewer: ‘What would you like the FA to do (to the officials at this level)?’

Ferguson: ‘Shoot them.’

?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Incredibly arrogant 

Most on here over the years know me as tongue in cheek and I've have often been wrong. For example Dan Gardner hasn't done as well as I thought he would in league football after tipping him to go higher than L1 when at Droyslden.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Most on here over the years know me as tongue in cheek and I've have often been wrong. For example Dan Gardner hasn't done as well as I thought he would in league football after tipping him to go higher than L1 when at Droyslden.

Put your head above the parapet, and someone will try to take it off. Carry on BP, it makes interesting reading.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Fair enough - apologies and for what it’s worth I like Gardner (sticks head above parapet) 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Fair enough - apologies and for what it’s worth I like Gardner (sticks head above parapet) 

My apologies, I can come across as a know it all.

As for today I was impressed with Fane and Pringle's industry. Thought Edmundson has greatly improved, particularly in the air. Benyu found the pace difficult  at times, but looks to have some quality.

Still need a goal poacher though and know RW does too.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

My apologies, I can come across as a know it all.

As for today I was impressed with Fane and Pringle's industry. Thought Edmundson has greatly improved, particularly in the air. Benya found the pace difficult  at times, but looks to have some quality.

Still need a goal poacher though and know RW does too.

Agree with all - think we looked a bit disjointed as in players weren’t used to playing with each but confident that when they click - plus Byrne and Mckleney we will be a decent side 

It comes down to jealousy and nothing more than that at the end of the day BP.

I wonder how many on here who think you are know it all spend their days boring people's ears off talking about plumbing, IT, electrics etc... as it's what they do for a living.

Nothing wrong with you giving an input on players and tactics, considering you were paid to do it for a long time.

Was you paid to do it BP? A lot of scouting is voluntary isn’t it for the perks of the job.. even in today’s game leagues 1 and 2 will have voluntary scouts. The properly run set ups have full time scout/opposition scout and analysts like 

1 hour ago, MAC0AFC said:

Was you paid to do it BP? A lot of scouting is voluntary isn’t it for the perks of the job.. even in today’s game leagues 1 and 2 will have voluntary scouts. The properly run set ups have full time scout/opposition scout and analysts like 

I have been a youth scout for a few years but recently stopped due to work commitments.  You get Large bonuses for finding players at some clubs. Crewe paid me £250 every time a player for their 8-16 academy was signed up. Preston, where I went after that only paid when the player you signed to their 8-16yr academy played 5 league games for the first team and they paid you £1000. Unsure what Oldham terms are. 

There are perks however, again vary massively. From tickets to games then to free club tracksuits, coats etc. Get to travel to some nice grounds aswell for free. 

Ye cheers Adam, pretty much what I thought. On the Preston one, first team for the academy or first team as in Saturday 3pm? 

Ovbiously you have your your full time scouts/ first team recruitment scouts and opposition scouts that will be paid a wage (higher up the pyramid anyway)

7 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Ye cheers Adam, pretty much what I thought. On the Preston one, first team for the academy or first team as in Saturday 3pm? 

Ovbiously you have your your full time scouts/ first team recruitment scouts and opposition scouts that will be paid a wage (higher up the pyramid anyway)

First team 3pm championship game. 

Yeah, again a lot of 1st team scouts are performance based. You get full time scouts mainly in the prem/ championship who do reports on the opposition but would never want to do that and I would have to miss watching the mighty latics! 

12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I have been a youth scout for a few years but recently stopped due to work commitments.  You get Large bonuses for finding players at some clubs. Crewe paid me £250 every time a player for their 8-16 academy was signed up. Preston, where I went after that only paid when the player you signed to their 8-16yr academy played 5 league games for the first team and they paid you £1000. Unsure what Oldham terms are. 

There are perks however, again vary massively. From tickets to games then to free club tracksuits, coats etc. Get to travel to some nice grounds aswell for free. 

Get some good hospitality too. Bury being the best, although I was banned from the half time buffet there after tripping up and knocking over the table full of pies sandwiches and cakes.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Why was a friendly question (& 2 other posts in this thread) marked down by Kowethicki? :sleeping:. Get a grip, :sign0003:man. It's a discussion board!

Why was my accurate summary of Hansons recent career downvoted? You follow me around down voting me. Grow up.

You ignore me and I’ll ignore you. That would be better. Perhaps you should just log on during matches, the people you clash with won’t be on then because they are all at them. 

Archived