League 1 Activity

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

First team 3pm championship game. 

Interesting, that. Feels like a very high bar to get paid.  

If Latics worked the same system, that you needed 5 x first team games to be paid, it'd mean we would have spent about £2000 on academy recruitment over the last 2-3 seasons (Edmundson, Mantack, Coleman, Stott (only 4, but he'll get there)).

Doesn't seem an awful lot.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Get some good hospitality too. Bury being the best, although I was banned from the half time buffet there after tripping up and knocking over the table full of pies sandwiches and cakes.

BP when we get to the other side of this takeover , and towards the end of the season, and if the new bar is open we should have a celebratory fans get together , with fans sharing their experiences of Latics and football in general over a few sherbets 

IMHO you would be a great person to share some of your pearls of wisdom along with a number of others on here.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Get some good hospitality too. Bury being the best, although I was banned from the half time buffet there after tripping up and knocking over the table full of pies sandwiches and cakes.

2 hours ago, stevesidg said:

BP when we get to the other side of this takeover , and towards the end of the season, and if the new bar is open we should have a celebratory fans get together , with fans sharing their experiences of Latics and football in general over a few sherbets 

IMHO you would be a great person to share some of your pearls of wisdom along with a number of others on here.

An OWTB get together, thanks, put me on the list.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

although I was banned from the half time buffet there after tripping up and knocking over the table full of pies sandwiches and cakes.

Pies available at half time  :wink:   ....... If only Latics could run a football club that well.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nixon saying Lucketti is getting fired at Bury..... bet Shez ends up there!

I wouldn’t be surprised. But they ARE going down regardless. 33 points from 19 games is not happening. 

Shez should be a no brainer for them, especially with Clarke and Ripley. Almost if their last couple of weeks have been building towards it. 

Their squad is more than decent. Something completely rotten somewhere for them to be so cut adrift. 

5 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Shez should be a no brainer for them, especially with Clarke and Ripley. Almost if their last couple of weeks have been building towards it. 

Their squad is more than decent. Something completely rotten somewhere for them to be so cut adrift. 

Must admit I thought the same and it’s not like he’s not got any rescue acts on his cv.

38 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

IIRC his records in Shezurrection Mk I & II were;

Mk I Pld 22 W9 D6 L7 Pts 33

Mk II Pld 25 W9 D8 L8 Pts 35

Mk1 He basically sacked off the last 2 games as we were safe. That’s 33 points from 20 games. Might be enough for Bury.

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. But they ARE going down regardless. 33 points from 19 games is not happening. 

As a bunch of individuals, they’ve got a side which is in the top eight of the division, probably better than that.

If they could somehow get firing they’d have a good chance of getting out of it. Doesn’t look likely however. Something must be very wrong for them behind the scenes. It’s the only explanation.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd be amazed if Lucketti gets another job in League football.

Chris will be ok I feel. 

Simon Grayson won't be affected by his time at Sunderland and hopefully Chris Lucketti will be the same. 

The reason? 

Sunderland and Bury are both an absolute shambles, I'd like to see Ferguson do any better just now! 

The vast majority of Shakers wish him well, he's a legend and it would be like Denis Irwin or Earl Barrett making a mess at Boundary Park, everyone's fed up with it but nobody will want it to affect their careers would they?

Chris is a good number 2 but a flop of a number 1 it seems. 

4 minutes ago, BFC1885 said:

Chris will be ok I feel. 

Simon Grayson won't be affected by his time at Sunderland and hopefully Chris Lucketti will be the same. 

The reason? 

Sunderland and Bury are both an absolute shambles, I'd like to see Ferguson do any better just now! 

The vast majority of Shakers wish him well, he's a legend and it would be like Denis Irwin or Earl Barrett making a mess at Boundary Park, everyone's fed up with it but nobody will want it to affect their careers would they?

Chris is a good number 2 but a flop of a number 1 it seems. 

You’ve gone from saying Ferguson couldn’t do any better to calling Lucketti a flop!

Archived