Players linked with us

And Paul Rickers 9th on our all time appearances?! :omg:

A very consistent player was Paul, week in week out you got a 7 out of 10.

Many managers would prefer that type of player than those who play well 1 game in 10.

At the moment of the outfield players only Peter Clarke is in that category.

Edited by BP1960

Many managers would prefer that type of player than those who play well 1 game in 10.

Paul Rickers was my favourite Latics player back in the day, for that very reason! Still got the old white shirt with '7 RICKERS' on the back, although granted it's a bit snug these days...

Has to be said he's not enhancing his prospects at this club. Not to say he won't elsewhere as we have seen with many others.

I have noticed a few times this season, that he has let the ball bounce a few times instead of taking it first time. Technique or confidence low.

I agree, I'm just very surprised he's currently 9th in the list.

I understand your point. Very consistent. Always put in a shift. But seven? not for me. A grafter with no flair, skill, creativity. He'd do well with the current manager. He was 5-6 for me. Not in the same class as Palmer, Adams, Ward, Valentine, Redfearn etc.

I understand your point. Very consistent. Always put in a shift. But seven? not for me. A grafter with no flair, skill, creativity. He'd do well with the current manager. He was 5-6 for me. Not in the same class as Palmer, Adams, Ward, Valentine, Redfearn etc.

They were 8s bfj.

• 2 weeks later...

He's not been linked with us, but I was reading in the Non League Paper about a striker at Fylde who has already scored 24 League goals this season. Could be worth a watch. Danny Rowe...

Used to play for Droylsden and I think kept Matt Smith out of the team.

He's not been linked with us, but I was reading in the Non League Paper about a striker at Fylde who has already scored 24 League goals this season. Could be worth a watch. Danny Rowe...

Didn't he score against us in the pre- season friendly?

Never thought of him as anything special at Droylsden, except from having a pinger of a left-foot. That being said, I never thought that of Smith either...

I agree, and if there was ever a player who didn't realise his potential it was Jody Banim, he had skills the current Latics players could only dream about.