Players linked with us

Edmondson was arguably our best defender in Kellys pre season but was over looked in favour of Jonathan Burn who if we're being kind struggled, he only really got a chance at the back end of the season and in my opinion did little wrong, again this pre season he stood out organising and marshaling a defence containing much older experienced players but looking well capable, he was given his first start in the 5-4 defeat to Carlisle but the player who had a nightmare that night wasn't George it was Burgess who had as bad a game as I've seen from a centre half and I've witnessed some shockers, George has become a victim of the slap dash way our clubs been run, managers averaging 6 months in the job want to bring their own players in and it's stifling the talent that TP is bringing through as none of them are given a real chance, I did post yesterday that it's another nail in the coffin and I stand by that, it's a crying shame these players are going without hardly kicking a ball for us and is further evidence that we have no real plans for the future.

Kanchelskis? Only in two games in 93/94 - although he he ripped us a new one in that replay.........

My recollection of him was that he was a nightmare for us..... he frightened me to death everytime he got the ball.....

1991 Div One A 0-1. He didn't play, McClair scored.

1991 Rumbelows Cup A L 0-2. He had Andy Barlow on toast that day..... everything came down their right..... He scored one and McClair got the other....

1991 Div One Boxing Day H L 3-6. He scored one that day and gave Barlow another torrid time. Irwin 2 McClair 2 and Giggs got the others.

1992 Prem A 0-3. He didn't play. McClair 2 and that Welsh kn0b.

1993 Prem H 1-0. His only quiet game I can recall, but then we kept their whole team quiet that day.

1993 Prem H 2-5. Scored 1 and set at last 1 more up. Cantona, Bruce & Giggs 2 with the others.

1994 Prem A 2-3. Played in this game and was involved in Dublin's winner. Giggs & Ince got the others.

1994 FA Cup D 1-1. He didn't play. Welsh kn0b.

1994 FA Cup L 1-4. Scored 1 and absolutely tore us a new one. Robson, Giggs and Irwin got the others.

I make that played 6, had 3 worldies, 2 v.good games and 1 quiet game, scoring 3 goals and assisting at least 2 more..... absolute nemesis!

When you look it.... Giggs scored 5..... but he didn't frighten me as much.

McClair got 7 if you include the 1990 FA Cup games.

Edited by lookersstandandy

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I see some of you are still struggling with the concept of having a squad after all these years of being Corneyed... 

I think people are struggling to see the need for another midfielder not another player. Or are you saying you think we are short of bodies in centre mid? Or was it just an opportunity to crowbar a Corney jibe into your post?

Edited by boyinthesnow
comment not added originally

3 hours ago, boyinthesnow said:

I think people are struggling to see the need for another midfielder not another player. Or are you saying you think we are short of bodies in centre mid? Or was it just an opportunity to crowbar a Corney jibe into your post?

Neither. 

You can have another go if you like but the clues are all right there in the words I typed. 

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Dont sign a midfielder whos better than what we have got, cos we have got too many. Latics that

Contract cancelled at Shrewsbury, released by Blackpool in the summer. Who says that he is better than what we have got? It might just be that the guy Is no better than what we currently have. We just don't know. I'd back Wellens opinion of a player over mine any day of the week ?

Edited by TheBigDog