Players linked with us

Don't know why I feel sceptical even though we all know he's a big upgrade on Burgess in terms of ability

Although I am all for having the two hardest Scouse defenders in the FL in a partnership together, North Face trackies in tow

Very often say this, but if we can't think of a song for that partnership we ought to turn the lights off and padlock the gates...

Probably get noses turned up at the suggestion but simple..

They're big, they're hard - they'll break strikers in half. Clarke Gerrard, Clarke Gerrard.

Although they are both excellent defenders at this level, I'm not sure how well Gerrard and Clarke would work as a partnership.

They are very similar characters, both very vocal, both want to be the organiser of the defense. I could be wrong but just wonder if they might rub each other up the wrong way and not work so well together.

Although they are both excellent defenders at this level, I'm not sure how well Gerrard and Clarke would work as a partnership.

They are very similar characters, both very vocal, both want to be the organiser of the defense. I could be wrong but just wonder if they might rub each other up the wrong way and not work so well together.

Played at least a season together at Huddersfield, no idea if they are pally or not.

Probably get noses turned up at the suggestion but simple..

They're big, they're hard - they'll break strikers in half. Clarke Gerrard, Clarke Gerrard.

Decent that.

I was thinking something along the lines of Hark (Clarke) now here the Oldham sing, strikers run away, and he will fight forever etc. etc. but that may be too City for some...

Or similar to the popular David Dunn chant: we've got the hardest scousers in the football league, it's Clarke and Gerrard, it's Clarke and Gerrard

Played at least a season together at Huddersfield, no idea if they are pally or not.

Interesting, I didn't know that. If they formed a partnership together that was good enough for the Championship, it would suggest that my theory is probably wrong.

Fascinating how a question of how can we afford Gerrard has turned into yet another nail Corney to the door job.

Can't we be pleased - even a teeny weeny bit - that we do have the money to do so?

Course not. We have to complain there is no money then, when it's mentioned we might sign someone on a big wage, hammer the chairman because we don't know where the money is coming from. Keep up Pete ?

To be fair, given he's yet again been out of work for several months, if we do sign him, it'll probably be on a lot less money than he was asking for in June.

From Robinson's comments in the Chron, it seems like he's very keen to sign him and it might happen pretty soon - probably when Clarke picks up his next booking.

Hang on...

Someone asked the question: where's the money coming from

I answered it

Someone said is that a quote

I provided the answer

If you can't handle that...then close your :censored:ing screens down lads!

What a disengenous japester you are ...

What a disengenous japester you are ...

Nah...the disingenuous one was deyres42 who was clearly asking the question as though the quote had never been said. You have to admit, it's a video that shows what a :censored:ing mess he's made though. Certainly has created a gap between us and the smaller clubs!

Nah...the disingenuous one was deyres42 who was clearly asking the question as though the quote had never been said. You have to admit, it's a video that shows what a :censored:ing mess he's made though. Certainly has created a gap between us and the smaller clubs!

Never said quote hadn't been said.

Not sure it quite translates as you like to paint it though...

That's good to hear.

To be honest my only reservation about the two of them playing together is a lack of pace. Both are ideal defenders for this level. I don't mind if we keep Burgess but Gerrard is a short term upgrade.

That's good to hear.

To be honest my only reservation about the two of them playing together is a lack of pace. Both are ideal defenders for this level. I don't mind if we keep Burgess but Gerrard is a short term upgrade.

Burgess surely doesn't have much pace and we've been defensively okay with him in the side

Burgess surely doesn't have much pace and we've been defensively okay with him in the side

Exactly what I was thinking. When your much quicker football brain wise that makes up for any lack of pace. Gerard's reading of the game is excellent so not a worry for me. Even when he is winning headers he is always looking for one of our players as opposed to just getting rid. I would be made up to have him back alongside Clarke. Send Burgess back for me and get Edmundson back as cover Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Exactly what I was thinking. When your much quicker football brain wise that makes up for any lack of pace. Gerard's reading of the game is excellent so not a worry for me. Even when he is winning headers he is always looking for one of our players as opposed to just getting rid. I would be made up to have him back alongside Clarke. Send Burgess back for me and get Edmundson back as cover

Not sure if rules have changed this season but previously there was limit on number of long term loans you could have.