Players linked with us

The new loan rules and not being able to sign anybody have resulted in no posts on this thread for a month.

I wonder how much of an effect it's had on attendances?

In previous seasons if we were bottom of the league we'd have loaned someone and possibly generated a bit of (ultimately misplaced) interest and optimism....

And we might not have been stuck with The Three Jaffa's on long loans firing blanks upfront.......

No it wasn't we were paying last season's squad up until the 30th of june.

Jorviks reason is the likely one here, however it's worth pointing out that alot of players have been signed on loan.

That was meant to be deeply ironic. I don't think for one minute that any of it was in anyway planned. It was total chaos and utterly shambolic.

Just seen an article on sky sports app about a documentary following players out of contract over the summer. Apparently Michael Collins ( played for Huddersfield and Scunthorpe i think it said) was about to sign for us in January but then Dunn was sacked.

He's a quality centre half at our level..... maybe he and Clarke together wouldn't offer enough pace.... but you'd imagine we'd become very tough to beat.

There are some right plonkers [Latics fans] that take great pleasure in goading him on social media.... he shouldn't rise to it, but sadly he does.

He's a quality centre half at our level..... maybe he and Clarke together wouldn't offer enough pace.... but you'd imagine we'd become very tough to beat.

There are some right plonkers [Latics fans] that take great pleasure in goading him on social media.... he shouldn't rise to it, but sadly he does.

He comes across as a bit of a plonker on social media too, it must be said...

I'm a fan of his but I don't think he's the player we require. Clarke has filled his role very well.

How has he managed to go 2 summer transfer windows without finding himself a club?? He's flawed but a very useful league one centre back. Surely he'd be better settling for less money rather than not having a club?

I'm a fan of his but I don't think he's the player we require. Clarke has filled his role very well.

How has he managed to go 2 summer transfer windows without finding himself a club?? He's flawed but a very useful league one centre back. Surely he'd be better settling for less money rather than not having a club?

He did a blog where he said he's still capable of performing in League One or the Championship, so reckon for two consecutive summers, he's held out for a top end L1/Champ club, (despite the only clubs that have employed him in the last 18 months being Oldham and Shrewsbury).

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/anthony-gerrard-055647882.html

He's got a good strategy. Knows that some club will be cursing themselves for not signing a big clogger and they can only go for out of contact players. He gets to eat doughnuts for an extra month and then signs a good deal.