Players linked with us

Give over. If he's good enough for Sunderland then why isn't he playing for us?

Premier league clubs like to stock pile young players he is unlikely to ever make a first team appearance and will likely get released see Scott Spencer and Danny Philiskirk. Plus we all know what happens anytime a fee for a player gets dangled infront our noses.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Young George is off to Sunderland £150k done deal announced in January window.

Shame but good luck to the lad. Looks like Corney doesn't fancy the Winchester/Mellor risk again.

Give over. If he's good enough for Sunderland then why isn't he playing for us?

Youth team/development squad and then send him out on loan for a few seasons in the hope he fulfils some potential. No risk for them at £150k.

Shame but good luck to the lad. Looks like Corney doesn't fancy the Winchester/Mellor risk again.

Youth team/development squad and then send him out on loan for a few seasons in the hope he fulfils some potential. No risk for them at £150k.

I wasn't aware he was only 19. Thought he was older than that. Fits then I suppose. Does make you wonder though why we don't play him and add more to his value. If they've seen enough of him to buy him he must be up to this level...

I wasn't aware he was only 19. Thought he was older than that. Fits then I suppose. Does make you wonder though why we don't play him and add more to his value. If they've seen enough of him to buy him he must be up to this level...

The reason he's not playing is Burgesss has done a reasonable job, not brilliant I accept, but generally solid.

Edited by BP1960

Give over.

I'm not sure it's entirely inaccurate. Seeing youngsters come through our own set up and play for the first team has been one of very few pleasures of the past few years, given that overall it's all been a bit :censored:. It was great watching Taylor and Tarkowski emerge and develop. If they're sold to the first bidder, before making any impact on the first team, then that's obviously lost.

If we're going to be :censored:, I'd prefer it was whilst playing TP's kids than those on loan from other clubs.

I'm not sure it's entirely inaccurate. Seeing youngsters come through our own set up and play for the first team has been one of very few pleasures of the past few years, given that overall it's all been a bit :censored:. It was great watching Taylor and Tarkowski emerge and develop. If they're sold to the first bidder, before making any impact on the first team, then that's obviously lost.

If we're going to be :censored:, I'd prefer it was whilst playing TP's kids than those on loan from other clubs.

I like the look of the youth keeper

O'Neil and he could follow in the tradition of the last two IMO.

The reason he's not playing is Burgesss has done a reasonable job, not brilliant I accept, but generally solid.

I agree with you there, however if Edmundson did well in this division, be it only 5 matches or so, you'd see his value rocket. If they're willing to pay £150k for a lad who's only played in the Conference then what would they pay for a lad who's played well in League 1..?

I agree with you there, however if Edmundson did well in this division, be it only 5 matches or so, you'd see his value rocket. If they're willing to pay £150k for a lad who's only played in the Conference then what would they pay for a lad who's played well in League 1..?

But you know SC,the first bid is usually snapped up, could be the Micah Richards add ons which he held out for and backfired still riles him.

Edited by BP1960

We lost out on £1m+ for Tarkowski by all accounts BECAUSE we sold the sell-on

Just shows its not an exact science, a lot depends on the clubs financial situation at the time.

If its true about an Edmundson deal I should think there will be substantial add ons.

Edited by BP1960

??

Edmundson's a decent prospect but not the second coming of Richard Jobson.

If true, £150k seems a good deal at this stage.

Ahhh Jobbo - My Hero!

Used to love watching him get battered all over the place by Oppositions Target Man over the years yet just get up and win the next battle with little fuss.

Regularly made Les Ferdinand look like a clogger

Have watched him play for Alfreton and I'm still staggered we have a manager who didn't rate him enough to play him, his dad's a football man whose always good for a chat and does a bit of scouting for Everton I believe, shame we won't get to see another player with potential build his career with us but good luck to the lad I hope he continues to improve and takes the opportunity.

I mean for QPR.

Re: Edmunson. Heard on Saturday that he'll be off in January. Apparently Alfreton played him as an attacking midfielder in one game recently...

They play him regularly in midfield as I have been told they have 2 very good in form centre backs.

Edited by BP1960

Have watched him play for Alfreton and I'm still staggered we have a manager who didn't rate him enough to play him, his dad's a football man whose always good for a chat and does a bit of scouting for Everton I believe, shame we won't get to see another player with potential build his career with us but good luck to the lad I hope he continues to improve and takes the opportunity.

How is Mantack shaping up?

We will now be able to see Latics loanee Jamie Stott live on TV for Curzon v Wimbledon.

Edited by BP1960

I mean for QPR.

Re: Edmunson. Heard on Saturday that he'll be off in January. Apparently Alfreton played him as an attacking midfielder in one game recently...

Once from memory in defeat

What's more vivid is Jobbo's towering header in off the crossbar against the same team. Used to love watching him battle all of them whether it be Fashanu, Deane, Chapman etc.......perfect foil for Barrett as the one who would attack the ball whilst Earl swept up behind