Jose Baxter banned for the summer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because what he tested positive for wasn't/isn't performance enhancing.

as already stated.

I realise that, so why is he banned? Because he took a substance that according to the law and rules of the game is illegal. He tried to cheat the rules that he knew and got caught.

Mutu did coke but if I type Mutu cheat into google what do you think the results and headlines are?

Edited by palmer1

1. cheat
    tʃiːt/
    verb
    verb: cheat; 3rd person present: cheats; past tense: cheated; past participle: cheated; gerund or present participle: cheating
    1. 1.
      act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
      "she always cheats at cards"
      • gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods; defraud.
        "he had cheated her out of everything she had"
      • informal
        be sexually unfaithful.
        "his wife was cheating on him"
        synonyms: commit adultery, be unfaithful, stray, be untrue, be inconstant, be false; More
    2. 2.
      avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill.
      "she cheated death in a spectacular crash"
      synonyms: avoid, escape, evade, elude, steer clear of, dodge, duck, miss,sidestep, bypass, skirt, shun, eschew; More

Which of those has he done?

Cheating -

The rules infringed may be explicit, or they may be from an unwritten code of conduct based on morality, ethics or custom, making the identification of cheating a subjective process.

Guilty and banned for taking drugs = Drug Cheat

Taken from the BBC ethics in sport

There are several types of drug that an athlete can use to enhance his or her performance.

Some of these drugs are banned by law and some are legally available on prescription, but they are all prohibited by sporting regulations. (When we use the word 'illegal', we mean it in this sense.)

Stimulants:

Drugs that boost bodily functions, including heart rate and brain activity.

Examples:cocaine

I am no expert and I have never taken it but I'd say ecstasy would be classed as a stimulant wouldn't it?

Taken from the BBC ethics in sport

There are several types of drug that an athlete can use to enhance his or her performance.

Some of these drugs are banned by law and some are legally available on prescription, but they are all prohibited by sporting regulations. (When we use the word 'illegal', we mean it in this sense.)

Stimulants:

Drugs that boost bodily functions, including heart rate and brain activity.

Examples:cocaine

I am no expert and I have never taken it but I'd say ecstasy would be classed as a stimulant wouldn't it?

From what I know of it .........It might help his goal celebration 'love ins' more :)

I'd have him back in a heartbeat and I think cheat is the wrong word................unless it is used in a sense that he his cheating himself out of the achievements is sublime talents should bring!

I don't know. I reckon with a few lines of charlie I'd be :censored:ing amazing. For about 3 minutes. I'd be best used as a run-down-the-clock substitute when we're winning 1-0 away from home probably.

But at 3 o'clock the day after a pill bender you'd be like Warren Feeney

Whether it helped or hindered his performance it doesn't take away from the fact he is letting his obvious natrual talent go to waste.

He is going to seriously regret some of his life choices 15 years from now.

He'll be too :censored:ed out of his box to care.