Ryan Hiwat PSV winger

Everything. James Wilson on £13k. No way.

That's the going rate for Ryman Prem part time players.

I bet a few Mossley players are on that.

So what? We were offering a chance to kick start his career with League One football. With bonuses for appearances, he was happy to take it to start with and then went on more money. Sometimes the rewards for players will be elsewhere after they've shown their abilities and earned a move but we can sell the club to players based on the opportunity they'll get in a way that Mossley can't.

Johnson was told told that the budget for Tarky replacement was based on a quarter of Tarky's salary.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Given that most trials come to nothing, this was always likely to end with questions as to why Playershare was funding his flights. Also, I think it sits outside of the scope of what most contributors think they are donating their money for.

Absolutely. I donate to Playershare on the basis that we fund a fee or wage for a player who we definitely get. I don't want to fund trialists' flights.

I'm not fuming about it, but I makes me feel I've been missold what Playerhsare is about.

Just like I wasn't over the moon when, years ago, my Trust membership went, not to a rainy day fund, as I was led to believe - but to a tractor for the club, and a youth team mini-bus.

an agent gives out figures in an explaination of why they used the club to get flown into the country which he now wont pay back, he left after a week and you believe him?

id rather he just said he wanted to sign for Oldham but a bigger club offred us the chance and it would be stupid to turn it down, because it would.

Those figures will be bollox!

£250...:censored: me

a Lad my dad knows who played for Halifax last season was on £650 a week...for Halifax....

I'd tell latics to piss off if I was offered £250 a week when promised between £700-900

Any ideas on what Winny is on on his new deal? Can't imagine he was on much before he signed that...

Edited by aaronoafc

£250...:censored: me

a Lad my dad knows who played for Halifax last season was on £650 a week...for Halifax....

I'd tell latics to piss off if I was offered £250 a week when promised between £700-900

Any ideas on what Winny is on on his new deal? Can't imagine he was on much before he signed that...

People have got to remember that Agents are PR & Bull:censored: masters. They have to make out their client isnt greedy and the football clubs are ripping them off to keep them in a job. Why does anyone believe the agent?!

I have absolutely no problem with feedback as is important from those who contribute and even those who do not.

I live and learn and be more cautious if the scheme is approached again with this scenario of funding transport for a player

Edited by underdog

Hiwat's agent says the player paid his own travel costs to England, which would have been reimbursed if he had signed for Oldham.

I am mistaken? i thought playershare stumped up for transport.

honest as the day is long these agents. I always believe everything they say about a player and Oldham Athletic

however it seems that it whatever is printed about Latics seems to be gospel nowadays especially if negative

Edited by palmer1

Absolutely. I donate to Playershare on the basis that we fund a fee or wage for a player who we definitely get. I don't want to fund trialists' flights.

I'm not fuming about it, but I makes me feel I've been missold what Playerhsare is about.

Just like I wasn't over the moon when, years ago, my Trust membership went, not to a rainy day fund, as I was led to believe - but to a tractor for the club, and a youth team mini-bus.

Either of which could have been used to go and pick Hiwat up in..........,

I have absolutely no problem with feedback as is important from those who contribute and even those who do not.

I live and learn and be more cautious if the scheme is approached again with this scenario of funding transport for a player

I haven't seen anyone be inherrently critical of you, which is good.

As it's a new one on most of us, its a reaction to it being unexpected. And then making their feelings known having it now ben asked.

I think you being cautious is everythng we can ask of you.

So what? We were offering a chance to kick start his career with League One football. With bonuses for appearances, he was happy to take it to start with and then went on more money. Sometimes the rewards for players will be elsewhere after they've shown their abilities and earned a move but we can sell the club to players based on the opportunity they'll get in a way that Mossley can't.

Johnson was told told that the budget for Tarky replacement was based on a quarter of Tarky's salary.

I might think about offering Gunning £250 per week. Max....

Am I being thick.... He paid for himself but Playershare was asked for it?

Hello Hallam I can only comment on what I know. Playershare committee was approached a few weeks ago with the manager keen on this player and could we help out to fund his transport. if then we signed, the player he would be a playershare signing and we would all get the publicity for it especially those that contribute.

Based on that conversation, I gave my approval. The committee have agreed that to get a go ahead, we need the approval of three committee members and so, it was approved.

I have read the article with regards to what the agent said and I am unable to confirm/ deny the article.

We took a gamble, like with any signing, it didn't work out and we are not out of pocket.

We will take all your comments on board and ask the committee to be more vigilant when we are approached again.

Apologies to all for any concerns this has raised.

Edited by underdog

Apologies to all for any concerns this has raised.

I don't think an apology is needed.

It was a decision taken, presumably, with the best interests of PlayerShare and Latics at heart.

Just because it raises comment doesn't mean you need to grovel!

Thanks chaps.

I believe in honest...but sometimes it's just bites me in the ass every so often....and it's a big ass.

That's why I'm not higher up the employment food chain, maybe diplomacy or keeping ones gob shut until player is signed....from now on doh!

no apology needed. there are no certainties in this game and when you took the risk you had our best interest at heart, sometimes you back a wrong' un. A certainty is that if you never make a choice or take a risk you will never progress. with you all the way

Edited by joe_lead

Hi Tracey wasnt a criticism thought it was just agent crap....I wouldnt trust any of them. Term is snollygoster.

Does snollygoster live just around the next corner?...hahah...never heard of of the term but I live and learn oh wise one