Ryan Hiwat PSV winger

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't really touch the ball, he had one shot which went way over. You can't say he will replace one of our best players. Let's see him in a side with Kelly Jones and Winchester all playing[/

quote]

Yes would be nice to see him play with our best players behind him. He put an excellent cross in and has plenty of pace. Would be worth another look but to me picked the wrong option when he got the ball. We already have plenty of them.

Dieng is only a centre half for me. Distribution isn't good enough to hold. Thompson and Kerr definitely worth another look.

He didn't really touch the ball, he had one shot which went way over. You can't say he will replace one of our best players. Let's see him in a side with Kelly Jones and Winchester all playing[/

quote]

Yes would be nice to see him play with our best players behind him. He put an excellent cross in and has plenty of pace. Would be worth another look but to me picked the wrong option when he got the ball. We already have plenty of them.

Dieng is only a centre half for me. Distribution isn't good enough to hold. Thompson and Kerr definitely worth another look.

Got to agree. I'm sure they will play in reserve friendlies

How long is his trial? The pessimist in me is concerned that he plays well, shows promise and then is snapped up by another club.

If that club is Newcastle then I don't fancy our chances him being loaned to us. Armstrong went to Coventry; quality at this level and I thought our Newcastle "tie-up" would have given us a chance to sign him.

Is Watmore dead on water now?!

I liked Thompson over Kerr aside from one stray pass he seemed quite solid and strong at the back...

Hiwat did a couple of things which showed he could be a class above and that was a turn that sent 2 defenders for a paper and a quick flick and volley which although sailed over showed he has a bit about him mentally he worked hard and always made himself available definitely worth another look the Belgian on the other hand no ta.....

How long is his trial? The pessimist in me is concerned that he plays well, shows promise and then is snapped up by another club.

If that club is Newcastle then I don't fancy our chances him being loaned to us. Armstrong went to Coventry; quality at this level and I thought our Newcastle "tie-up" would have given us a chance to sign him.

Is Watmore dead on water now?!

Watmore was never on, he'll be in Sunderland first team squad

We have conceded a lot of soft goals that have put us on the back foot, or lost us games over the past few seasons.

So frustrating not to have remotely the same plethora of centre backs as forwards.

I really weas hoping for a much stronger, settled,defence come season start. I fear this may come back to haunt us.