Darren Kelly and his "philosophy"

Haha, all the people saying George Green wouldn't get in our starting 11 he's a class above and if it wasn't for his previous issues he sure wouldn't be playing for us.
He bossed the midfield yesterday, that's because he was playing behind the strikers not on left mid.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, all the people saying George Green wouldn't get in our starting 11 he's a class above and if it wasn't for his previous issues he sure wouldn't be playing for us.

He bossed the midfield yesterday, that's because he was playing behind the strikers not on left mid.

Did you go to Blackburn at home?

Only game I've been too and my opinion couldn't be further from yours.

A reminder he was playing against Halifax yesterday aswell

I think Dieng is a good footballer. What concerns me is that he is a centre half defensive midfielder. Which is two positions.

They need to decide what role he is playing and quickly. If he is a centre half then we need to sign a squad player as cover. If he is a defensive midfielder then we need to sign someone to pair with J Wilson. Dieng can cover if needed but he needs to concentrate on playing football in a defensive midfield setting if that is where he is going to play.

Rochdale away was mentioned to me ....how he dominated Centre Mid with Kelly........I have to agree, I thought he was outstanding that Day. If remember rightly he played CM when on trial last year and impressed - a lack of coaching has been mentioned....

Did you go to Blackburn at home?

Only game I've been too and my opinion couldn't be further from yours.

A reminder he was playing against Halifax yesterday aswell

''that's because he was playing behind the strikers not on left mid.''

Try reading before you go all out, jesus.

''that's because he was playing behind the strikers not on left mid.''

Try reading before you go all out, jesus.

I saw the original point, I just felt that even though he was playing on the left it didn't excuse for misplaced passes and tricks/flicks that went nowhere... If he was to be playing in the middle doing that it could be even more disastrous

So now DK and his compadre Dean Holden have been in charge now for around a month since returning for pre season, what do people reckon about his appointment? I haven't seen any of the pre seasons or listened to any of his interviews so I can't comment on what has gone on pre season. Moreover, where do members on this forum predict us to finish this season? The Oldham way suggests there will be one first teamer leaving, J.Wilson, L.Kelly, M.Jones, J.Forte, C.Winchester, J.Mills? The question is which one... First post for a while and I hope all members of this board are having a good summer!!a,

OWTB

I haven't really formed an opinion on Kelly - I don't think you can when he hasn't overseen a single competitive game. But, based on what I know, I think the argument that he's ready to manage at this level is a dubious one and I suspect it will transpire that he is out of his depth. He will have to be a pretty bright guy (like that Johnson feller) to pick up it quickly enough that it doesn't go badly wrong for Latics and, listening to him talk, I have my doubts on that.

I think we're proper relegation candidates this season.

I haven't really formed an opinion on Kelly - I don't think you can when he hasn't overseen a single competitive game. But, based on what I know, I think the argument that he's ready to manage at this level is a dubious one and I suspect it will transpire that he is out of his depth. He will have to be a pretty bright guy (like that Johnson feller) to pick up it quickly enough that it doesn't go badly wrong for Latics and, listening to him talk, I have my doubts on that.

That's quite an opinion for somebody who hasn't formed one.

If he is out of his depth he'll be replaced quickly enough that the decent squad we've got can still do something.

If he turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread (which I hope he does) the decent squad we've got can do very well.

We won't be relegation candidates.

Don't know how to share tweets on here, but Ian Cheeseman of the BBC I think? Just tweeted something along the lines of "When rumours and gossip don't seem to go away, could Kelly be under pressure already?"

Interesting.

Here you go

@IanCheeseman: When rumours & gossip won't go away you wonder if it's true - could Darren Kelly be under pressure at @OfficialOAFC - surely not?!

I agree that we're mid table to just above relegation this coming season and this is what frustrates the hell out of me.

Where is the evolution rather than revolution?

Admittedly we have a new manager but majority of our players from last season are still with us. So the question is why can't we move on from last season with top 10/challenge on playoffs?!

For once this close season we haven't had the merry go round of loosing short contract players. We have the impetus of larger ST sales and a new stand, this is the time to build on last seasons known successful players and go for a proper promotion challenge by adding the 2 or 3 players that we desperately need. It's not the time to flap about looking at "cast off" trialists. DK seems unable to say bog off to most of them.

We're wasting a massive chance, come summer 2016 and we'll be back on the merry go round.

Edited by laticsrblue

I'm not confident.

My opinion is baseless as I haven't seen us play, not seen many interviews by DK, but I think we're going to go the same way as Tranmere when they hired Rob Edwards.

Hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not I hope Corney heeds the early warning signs and is willing to take action as early as necessary.

Here you go

@IanCheeseman: When rumours & gossip won't go away you wonder if it's true - could Darren Kelly be under pressure at @OfficialOAFC - surely not?!

Isn't he the senior local radio sports correspondent? Isn't this, in conjunction with rumours, a little strange?

With the season on the horizon you'd think Cheeseman would have better things to do.

Lazy journalism...shame on you Mr. Cheesey.....or is it??????

Just think, Dean Holden is waiting in the wings....or David Dunn.....or.....i'm bored with this already.