Darren Kelly and his "philosophy"

I'm not confident.

My opinion is baseless as I haven't seen us play, not seen many interviews by DK, but I think we're going to go the same way as Tranmere when they hired Rob Edwards.

Hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not I hope Corney heeds the early warning signs and is willing to take action as early as necessary.

Dont think so, the good players are still here, with some decent additions and more to come. I would say we look stronger than at the start of last season.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone else not help reading the "philosophy" in the thread title in Darren Kelly's voice?

I read it in a Van Gaal Dutch accent with a hard s philosshopy

Personally I don't like the idea of philosophies or "brands of football" personally I think we should just play the game on its merits and just play to your strengths whatever they maybe.

The only philosophy that id like to see implemented should be winning!

Id take a scrappy 1-0 win over a 4-3 defeat all day long Attack the teams that we can and have a Roylesque goalfest, but if not I will settle for a hard fought Dowieesque ground out victory.

Aslong as we win knowone will care.

Dont think so, the good players are still here, with some decent additions and more to come. I would say we look stronger than at the start of last season.

I always like to look for something in your posts......I get the impression that you know via your chat with DK who he is talking to or targeting

I'm not confident.

My opinion is baseless as I haven't seen us play, not seen many interviews by DK, but I think we're going to go the same way as Tranmere when they hired Rob Edwards.

Hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not I hope Corney heeds the early warning signs and is willing to take action as early as necessary.

Glad that I am not on my own!

Did you go to Blackburn at home?

Only game I've been too and my opinion couldn't be further from yours.

A reminder he was playing against Halifax yesterday aswell

Green was out on the wing for Bolton and Blackburn, not where he plays.

So typical young player dropping down a few leagues then? I fully agree with your assessment of how he will perform but I disagree with your assessment that this will be 'frustrating', par for the course would be my assessment.

And yes, I appear to have become addicted to the word assessment.

Assessment.

Did you go to Blackburn at home?

Only game I've been too and my opinion couldn't be further from yours.tirling

A reminder he was playing against Halifax yesterday aswell

Green was on the wing for Bolton and Blackburn, and he did not have his best game. Stirling he played in the hole, Halifax played in the hole both games ran midfield enough said.

DK doesn't seem to be able to sign the players needed. We have needed 2 central defenders since the end of last season and still haven't got them. What has happened to his list of players he wants to bring in and his very good contacts? Where are the loan signings for the season or 1/2 season? Green was recommended by JR, Croft was most likely brought in by DH, and his only real signing is Cassidy. He can't make his mind up on Gunning and he is still chopping and changing the team. By this time in previous seasons the 1st 11 have been playing together apart from an odd late signing. DK is saying that everyone is getting playing time, but that will be no use in a months time when they haven't played. Hardly any of the players has complete 90 mins. Hopefully the full 1st team he has decided on will play at Carlisle If most of the team had not already been contracted for another season I dread to think what the situation would be.

Firstly, I am not looking at pre-season results. It's silly. We tend to do alright results-wise, yet we're still in League One and we have struggled in recent years.

I think the squad is good enough to not worry about relegation. We know we have four or five players that could be attract bids from the pre-season league favourites. However, the sticking point is Kelly. I am not enthused, but that is not a bad thing at this stage. We have been excited about Dickov and Johnson. One turned out to be useless and the other pissed off.

The league is weaker than it has been for a few years so we should not fear any side. I do think, though, it ia going to take us 8-10 games to get going, but then I think results will come.

Edited by UpTheLatics

The league is weaker than it has been for a few years so we should not fear any side. I do think, though, it ia going to take us 8-10 games to get going, but then I think results will come.

Really? Even the smaller clubs such as Bury, Scunthorpe, Colchester etc seem to be pushing the boat out in the transfer market. We seem to be doing the complete opposite.

I think instead of it being weak, it's very, very strong.

It's yet again a very strong league this season and it's getting stronger every year. Two of the three promoted league one clubs finished in the top seven of the Championship last season with some additions, Rotherham survived comfortably with virtually the same squad. MK Dons, Preston and Bristol City will all be fine this season.

Edited by Ryan

Green was out on the wing for Bolton and Blackburn, not where he plays.

Green was on the wing for Bolton and Blackburn, and he did not have his best game. Stirling he played in the hole, Halifax played in the hole both games ran midfield enough said.

Say no more

DK doesn't seem to be able to sign the players needed. We have needed 2 central defenders since the end of last season and still haven't got them. What has happened to his list of players he wants to bring in and his very good contacts? Where are the loan signings for the season or 1/2 season? Green was recommended by JR, Croft was most likely brought in by DH, and his only real signing is Cassidy. He can't make his mind up on Gunning and he is still chopping and changing the team. By this time in previous seasons the 1st 11 have been playing together apart from an odd late signing. DK is saying that everyone is getting playing time, but that will be no use in a months time when they haven't played. Hardly any of the players has complete 90 mins. Hopefully the full 1st team he has decided on will play at Carlisle If most of the team had not already been contracted for another season I dread to think what the situation would be.

It would be worse but we knew they were under contract.

Mr Dossier came out with this pearler after their 4-0 defeat to Middlesborough last night.

"It showed what we already know but why I was pleased, but not pleased with the defeat, is we know that they (Boro) are the Premier League's 23rd team, if you like"
I miss him.

Really? Even the smaller clubs such as Bury, Scunthorpe, Colchester etc seem to be pushing the boat out in the transfer market. We seem to be doing the complete opposite.

I think instead of it being weak, it's very, very strong.

We haven't needed to "push the boat out" as for the first time in many years we've not lost most of the squad over the summer. We had Mills, Winchester, Kelly, Jones, Forte, J Wilson all under contract.

We haven't needed to "push the boat out" as for the first time in many years we've not lost most of the squad over the summer. We had Mills, Winchester, Kelly, Jones, Forte, J Wilson all under contract.

We have a team that finished 15th in the league last season minus 2 solid defenders.

If we sign Dunn, Gunning and one more CB, then I'll say we could do something but that would be assuming Forte could repeat his early season (out of character) goal scoring form but this time sustain it. We would also need Turner bang on form and our midfield chipping in which to be fair to Jones and Winch, they did last season.

The trouble is, whatever his philosophy, it is not being translated into the pitch at the moment.

Whether it will pretty quickly by the season gets going is the 6m dollar question.

To be fair to him (and Harvey and Holden) from what I've heard and read the games have been used to have a fiddle about with different formations, as pre-season should be.

He's on a hiding to nothing here though, there doesn't seem to any great goodwill towards him and patience will snap quickly if we don't make a good start.

To be fair to him (and Harvey and Holden) from what I've heard and read the games have been used to have a fiddle about with different formations, as pre-season should be.

He's on a hiding to nothing here though, there doesn't seem to any great goodwill towards him and patience will snap quickly if we don't make a good start.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that is what pre-season is about.

I do think he will have the shortest honeymoon on record, but that is inevitable given the nature of his experinece.

I really hope we are wrong.

Of course, he does deserve some time, and maybe after a few games everything will be rosy