So, two games in - thoughts and your team for Fleetwood?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown certainly is worth a go, B Wilson is just a very average league 1/2 RB, that can do a job, but won't exite.

I don't like Winchester as a player, but of course want him to succeed - a spell on the bench on Saturday will probably be a good thing.

B Wilson was at a lot of fault for 2 goals and a number of chances last night. Through Balls down his line were too easy and the second they turned him inside out. J Wilson should be helping covering him too in fairness but it was largely B wilsons fault.

Goal 3 came from down B Wilsons side again after a through ball but it was very poor marking by all our defence it appears like 3 of them tried to cut the cross out and left their men queuing...

Id drop wilson and give brown a shot, I'd drop Cornell for Coleman and if bring Jomes back in for Winchester...Philli can have another bash for me he got a few shots off and scored more than winch has in 2 games

Philliskirk is a striker all day long, either play him there or not at all.

Right decision not to be play Burn, he'll slot back in on Saturday.

Strange that Wilson has started in front of Brown considering he was out on trial a few weeks ago, it is a position that needs strengthening either way.

Dunn is just quality, always been a big lad so I doubt there is much more to come in terms in fitness, he has to start.

Coleman

Brown Wilson Burn Mills

Croft Kelly Dunn Jones Forte

Cassidy

[quote name="deyres42" post="794591" timestamp="1439453200"

Coleman

Brown Wilson Burn Mills

Croft Kelly Dunn Jones Forte

Cassidy

That'll be my team. Dunn controlling the game; Jones, Croft and Forte coming forward with Kelly mopping up if need if they break. Cassidy can hold up play in final third or in/around the box for Forte etc to score. There's goals in that team and a lot of strength and passing ability to camp in the oppositions half.

Philliskirk is a striker all day long, either play him there or not at all.

He missed a host of good chances yesterday. I don't think his finishing is good enough to be played up front. It's sketchy at best. Nor does he have the physical ability of pace or strength to cause problems for defenders - he's mostly got his back to goal. The way he gets into goalscoring positions is by 'ghosting' in.

I don't get this about Brian Wilson being average League 1 standard. Colchester released him. He's not average at all, he's dreadful. A League 2 team didn't give him a contract. It's not often you say Connor Brown is better on the ball than someone, but he is better than Wilson. And at least Brown has some pace - it's painful to watch Wilson get skinned every time the winger has the ball.

The use of Dunn will be interesting. I can understand both arguments for him starting a game and coming off the bench.

The lad, on from the 55th minute, against a tired League One midfield. They would not stand a chance.

The very fact we can talk all day about our midfield should fill us with joy!

If you are going to play Dunn from the start and struggle to find a place for Winchester (if we cant loan a full back) I would rather he play full back than the :censored: we have in Wilson and Brown.

He could use the football better than both and it was his original position in the first team.

Wilson has no confidence left in him and looks a poor player at the moment but I would pick him ahead of Brown, we wont play boro every week

Brown has now been 2nd choice for 3 managers now (coincidence?) and only gets in because his replacements leave, get injured, suspended or get hammered by future premiership wingers.

play two up top as Cassidy would benefit from a partner. Even Philly just off him before Dunn comes on for last 30 mins. Can't wait til Dunn can start though. Just think at home especially we should have a go as there are some talented players this season.

When I hear of Winchester at full back all I get is horrible flashbacks of being 3-0 up against Exeter, crusing the match, him coming on second half, them tearing him a new arsehole and then scoring 3 to draw the match

He started that game and was excellent for 60 to 70 minutes until he tired badly and an inept manager watched without making a change

When I hear of Winchester at full back all I get is horrible flashbacks of being 3-0 up against Exeter, crusing the match, him coming on second half, them tearing him a new arsehole and then scoring 3 to draw the match

Remember it well. He'd started and couldn't hardly stand. That was Dickov's fault for seemingly being the only one in the ground who hadn't noticed it.

1 league game played - you're a tough marker Yardog :smoking:

It does seem harsh but we have around 8 or 9 good quality midfielders fighting for 4 or 5 positions, a couple of quiet games could result in players being rotated, Green, Murphy, Dieng are yet to taste any first team action so it just goes to show the depth of our squad.

Neither B. Wilson or Philliskirk were convincing and I'd rather have them shipped out to strengthen other parts of the squad. I'm also unsure about Gunning and Poleon. Those four are still relatively young and could be found a new club I'm sure. At this stage of the season there must be some decent out of contract players that could offer more and could lower their wage demands.

Neither B. Wilson or Philliskirk were convincing and I'd rather have them shipped out to strengthen other parts of the squad. I'm also unsure about Gunning and Poleon. Those four are still relatively young and could be found a new club I'm sure. At this stage of the season there must be some decent out of contract players that could offer more and could lower their wage demands.

Any names?

Philliskirk, Poleon, Wilson will be on decent money, not as simple as just shifting them on, same goes for loans.

Any names?

Philliskirk, Poleon, Wilson will be on decent money, not as simple as just shifting them on, same goes for loans.

Said this last night can see Brian Wilson actually being on a decent whack so not easy to shift off. Doesn't stop us trying Brown though.

Had a scan of the fleetwood forums...Their not confident at all lol 2 or 3-0 is the general consensus

Personally, I think a class striker, RB, and CB away. Not sure any of our crop of strikers can push on. Hopefully so. Gunnings mistakes seem to be costly.

Tom James the young right back at Cardiff is highly rated and many think he should be in the first team.