Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

Johnson played him left wing a damn site more than he played him as a striker - which is where Aberdeen play him

I only really remember him starting wide once and it was on the right? Crossing into Millar not long after he'd played well out wide to where Rooney should have been.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People still defend rooney and make out that they knew he was going to be a 'world beater' elsewhere. He was utter :censored: for us, end of. A lot of people on here try to make out that they're a football scout (apart from bp1960), just end up sounding silly and looking foolish.

Yeah and we were so wrong. He's done :censored: all since he left hasnt he.

Two weeks after he left us he came to a financial settlement over his dispute with Swindon.

Perhaps that was why his form improved.

It might have been Owen who said at the time just before he left about the need to get maximum value out of every player, the suggestion being that we wasn't getting enough bang for our buck.

He's made us look silly since mind.

It might have been Owen who said at the time just before he left about the need to get maximum value out of every player, the suggestion being that we wasn't getting enough bang for our buck.

He's made us look silly since mind.

Rooney or Barry?

Not too many people complained when Rooney was shipped out though. Most people agreed it was for the best.

IIRC with the players we signed early in January it meant we were put under a transfer embargo, so we had to sell players in order to fund others. If that wasn't the case I think we would've kept faith with Rooney but, as he was a high earner who wasn't performing, he was an easy choice to let go.

It also meant we could afford to bring in Harkins. Well worth it IMO!

People still defend rooney and make out that they knew he was going to be a 'world beater' elsewhere. He was utter :censored: for us, end of. A lot of people on here try to make out that they're a football scout (apart from bp1960), just end up sounding silly and looking foolish.

Yeah and we were so wrong. He's done :censored: all since he left hasnt he.

Most of us, and Johnson, thought we had a chance of going up.

Our highly paid striker wasn't scoring...

Johnson was in so much of a hurry he didn't show any patience, or ask us for any and got rid...

Most Oldham supporters, me included, backed the decision. We were wrong. Probably.

I can't even remember who we got in instead....

Most of us, and Johnson, thought we had a chance of going up.

Our highly paid striker wasn't scoring...

Johnson was in so much of a hurry he didn't show any patience, or ask us for any and got rid...

Most Oldham supporters, me included, backed the decision. We were wrong. Probably.

I can't even remember who we got in instead....

Gary Harkins, wasn't it...?