New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, they must be very very close then for him to drop down a division, and have a transfer embargo in place.

Sounds like a dream job to be fair, how could any right minded person turn that down.

They were always coming out of embargo soon after, keep up.

So they were still under an embargo when he jumped ship to join them then?

Yes thought so.

Just the small matter of dropping down a division then, so desperate was he to get away.

Aye, cos nobody has ever dropped down a league before, deary me.

Aye, cos nobody has ever dropped down a league before, deary me.

The deary me applies only to you.

How the hell can you put a positive spin on a manager being so desperate to get away, that he will drop down a division to a massive club like Notts County.

He had just saved us from relegation, adding to his already hero status here, and yet was still desperate to get away, I don't understand were you are coming from to think that a positive thing.

He had signed a 2.5 year deal to be here, yet left at the earliest opportunity, he was clearly less than happy with something here.

If he was over the moon at Latics, I think he might have stayed.

The deary me applies only to you.

How the hell can you put a positive spin on a manager being so desperate to get away, that he will drop down a division to a massive club like Notts County.

He had just saved us from relegation, adding to his already hero status here, and yet was still desperate to get away, I don't understand were you are coming from to think that a positive thing.

He had signed a 2.5 year deal to be here, yet left at the earliest opportunity, he was clearly less than happy with something here.

If he was over the moon at Latics, I think he might have stayed.

He came here for buttons, him and his people felt they deserved more after the cracking job he had done, knew what was on offer from his mate at Notts County and the rest is history.

I'm sure he does have some affection towards us but affection doesn't pay the bills.

If Evans was being introduced to staff yesterday, I'm not sure what the hold up in him being announced could be. I'm also surprised he's only 1/2 with the bookies, would expect him to be much shorter than that if it's that nailed on.

Add that to appointing him being completely out of character with everything else that's happened this summer and I'd be surprised if it's him.