Protest Ndxt Game

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many who have been preaching doom about eveil Mr Corney for many years. These :censored: are still waiting in the wings to say told you so whether it be 5, 10 15 or 20 years before he leaves.

It doesn't make you a ":censored:" to share a different opinion about Corney's tenure at the club. Back in 2004, I'm sure we didn't envisage fellow fans hurling profanities at one another some ten or so years later. What it proves is that opinion is pretty much polarised and how devisive a tenure it has become. For my part, I don't believe a word Corney utters anymore; latest example an interview not a week ago where he said it was a decent start to the season, and then the manager is sacked a few days later. I could go on (new stand, Evans, Hughes etc) but it's all been well documented so you make your own choice.

Advice for Westy : protesting about Owen is pointless, he's a symptom not the cause. Bringing in a new club spokesperson will just be re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic. If you want real change Corney et al must depart.

not replying to what exactly?

Well there's certainly 2 posts on this thread....anyway, my thoughts are you've let your emotions run a little OTT and this protest is doomed to failure. Why? because the cause is unclear and not wide enough supported.

Evans

Johnson to Holden

New Stand promises

Kelly appointment

Undermining manager

Chaddy to RRE

"No better, no worse"

Yes, no better no worse.

From longest standing second tier club plus promotion to the top tier...............................................down to third tier and playing with relegation for so many years.

I'd say I was right

Evans : The dwarf was partly to blame

Johnson to Holden : The dwarf was very much to blame, could've moved faster though

New Stand promises : Possibly out of our hands, we dont really know

Kelly appointment : Its a cock up but we all make them

Undermining manager : Mere rumour that Dunn was Brought in as a replacement, We don't have a clue

Chaddy to RRE : That was the fault of the mongs on here with their acoustics crap

"No better, no worse"

It has been a bit of a rank year but you could easily defend the running of the club to an extent.

Evans

Johnson to Holden

New Stand promises

Kelly appointment

Undermining manager

Chaddy to RRE

"No better, no worse"

What's the playing record since the Chaddy End/RRE switch, maybe we can put all that blame on that for the players confusion as they don't know which way they're supposed to be kicking the ball? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

Bloody hell, if it was one mistake then maybe you could go all club apologist on it, but it's been 9 months of disaster after disaster

For what's it worth though:

Evans - inexcusable

Holden - essentially gave up on the best season in years

New Stand - Corney expressed deep apology from the club just the other day. Not entirely their fault but they sold the tickets

Kelly - another cheap option

Undermining manager - think it's pretty clear what has gone on, blinkered not to see it

Chaddy to RRE - subjective, but it's still made a sizeable element of support angry

It doesn't make you a ":censored:" to share a different opinion about Corney's tenure at the club. Back in 2004, I'm sure we didn't envisage fellow fans hurling profanities at one another some ten or so years later. What it proves is that opinion is pretty much polarised and how devisive a tenure it has become. For my part, I don't believe a word Corney utters anymore; latest example an interview not a week ago where he said it was a decent start to the season, and then the manager is sacked a few days later. I could go on (new stand, Evans, Hughes etc) but it's all been well documented so you make your own choice.

Advice for Westy : protesting about Owen is pointless, he's a symptom not the cause. Bringing in a new club spokesperson will just be re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic. If you want real change Corney et al must depart.

Lol You been waiting in the wings?

Forgive the use of the word I actually hate it myself...

Oh and actually said...

'Its been a promising start to the season with 5 games unbeaten, you can look at that 2 ways'

He obviously did and sacked the manager after our heaviest defeat and most inept performance in a long time

Edited by palmer1

Its been a shocking year publicity wise. So much has gone wrong its untrue.

some of it was out of the clubs hands, johnson/new stand etc, i dont blame them for these things. What i do blame them for massively is the way they handle them.

How easy would it have been to admit they :censored:ed up with the stand and issue temporary season tickets til it opens? In all honesty they shouldnt have sold them in the first place but saw £signs

With johnson, they should have appointed straight away, its not often we are in a play off birth and they literally gave it up.

Ched evens we should have been no where near un the first place. Stupid decision to go for it.

The chaddy to rocky move i actually agree this needed to happen. But again the club handled it piss poorly. A 3 game trial if i remember correctly and then a like it or lump it article in the website. Those who wanted to stay had no say

Its the way this board collectively handle things that pisses people off. We are so unproffessional if it wasnt my club it would actually be comical. Thats what gets peoples backs up and thats also why i would like to see major changes at the top.

This is also- as far as i can tell - the biggest gripe with owen. The man isnt a cancer of the club as so many wish to portray him. But he certainly is no fan liason or spokesman and should be nowhere near that roll

Edited by philliggi