Darren Kelly Appointed Halifax Manager

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel for the bloke. Taken two rum gigs. Might not be good enough, who knows, but 10 games and 8 games. Bloody hell that's hardly a chance.

Can't see him getting another management job for a long time, if ever at a decent level.

His team's conceded 35 goals in those 10 games, though. That's inexcusable.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Feel for the bloke. Taken two rum gigs. Might not be good enough, who knows, but 10 games and 8 games. Bloody hell that's hardly a chance.

Can't see him getting another management job for a long time, if ever at a decent level.

I think I have an inkling..

On a personal level I feel for him as he seems like a decent bloke and it's rarely good to see anyone lose their job.

But after looking very far out of his depth here, I'm surprised he thought it was wise to take on another management job so soon. His reputation is now in tatters.

He needs to resurrect his coaching career over the next few years before even thinking about going back into management.

On a personal level I feel for him as he seems like a decent bloke and it's rarely good to see anyone lose their job.

But after looking very far out of his depth here, I'm surprised he thought it was wise to take on another management job so soon. His reputation is now in tatters.

He needs to resurrect his coaching career over the next few years before even thinking about going back into management.

We were just talking about this - maybe he saw a chance to get his career straight back on track and obviously Halifax were desperate. Can't blame the guy for ambition but I think he needs to go back to a solid coaching role from here.