Darren Kelly Appointed Halifax Manager

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DK was in the stands, I don't know who was in charge of the team.

"Head of youth development Steve Nichol is expected to select the side to play Cheltenham on Saturday with Kelly expected to to take a back seat role before taking the reigns full time from next week"

So... Steve Nichol then

Guest Stanley30

The reason the guy was sacked was because you load of bellends turned on him even before we had played a match! You got what you wanted so don't now try and backtrack and blame the board and pretend he was hard done by! Good luck to him, hopefully the Halifax fans arent as narrow minded as you lot!

The reason the guy was sacked was because you load of bellends turned on him even before we had played a match! You got what you wanted so don't now try and backtrack and blame the board and pretend he was hard done by! Good luck to him, hopefully the Halifax fans arent as narrow minded as you lot!

Don't hold back, tell us what you think...

I thought he was sacked because of :censored: performances and lack of recruitment skills.

You certainly can place blame on the board for his failure. Bringing in Dunn and letting Harvey go the week before the season started clearly undermined his position.

Although to be fair to the board, while they acted disrespectfully to Kelly, it was damage limitation and they were acting in the best interests of the club by moving him on. There are many stories and signs of him not being up to the day-to-day running of the team.

Any fan who made the insults and abuse personal crossed the line. But they certainly weren't the main reason he was sacked and were well within their rights to be displeased at his appointment given his lack of pedigree.

It was a situation where nobody came out of it very well or the better for it. Sadly, not for the first time in 2015.

I can't believe people are slating the board for bringing in Dunn or getting rid of Jim Harvey. You have to commend them for having s contingency plan and acting swiftly when they realised he was out his depth and the club would have gone into freefall with him at the helm.

"Head of youth development Steve Nichol is expected to select the side to play Cheltenham on Saturday with Kelly expected to to take a back seat role before taking the reigns full time from next week"

So... Steve Nichol then

:lol:

I can't believe people are slating the board for bringing in Dunn or getting rid of Jim Harvey. You have to commend them for having s contingency plan and acting swiftly when they realised he was out his depth and the club would have gone into freefall with him at the helm.

It's not that clear cut IMO. If they were so sure that Kelly was dragging the club down then why didn't they get rid of Kelly along with Harvey at that time? The board removing the coach Kelly brought in certainly undermined his position, regardless of whether it will be the right or wrong decision (and it'll probably prove to be the right one).

Anyway it's moot now. I'm cautiously optimistic with the progress Dunn has made so far and I can't say I ever felt that way with Kelly in charge.

It's not that clear cut IMO. If they were so sure that Kelly was dragging the club down then why didn't they get rid of Kelly along with Harvey at that time? The board removing the coach Kelly brought in certainly undermined his position, regardless of whether it will be the right or wrong decision (and it'll probably prove to be the right one).

Anyway it's moot now. I'm cautiously optimistic with the progress Dunn has made so far and I can't say I ever felt that way with Kelly in charge.

Frankly I don't care. Harsh of me I know but Kelly had to go and if he was undermined then so be it. It happens all the time to try and force people to walk before you have to sack them....if that action could have saved us a thousand or two then that's extra for the playing budget. From what I understand, the club tried to help him as much as possible before realising it was a futile task.

Well done Kelly enjoy the win - we will soon find out if you are a fraud or not

But seeing as Halifax are twats like all Yorkshire teams - I will be wishing you relegation :coffee1:

Read through their forum on his appointment last night. They blew that IRA thing more out of proportion than this lot.