How long? When is your breaking point?

Reading OWTB's today it is obvious that nobody is happy with performances not to mention results this season. Some vent more vehemently & constant than other but the general feeling seems to be anger frustration & boredom.

Our next 3 games should all be very very winnable.Should be....

Chesterfield away - We are unbeaten away from home but with only one win to our name unbelievably. Chesterfield haven't been good at home at all. Most would be OK with another away point wouldn't they?

Mansfield at Home in a replay could be tricky. We can't win a game but we are a division above so we should see them off no questions but will we? A loss could be a disaster for the season on & off the pitch. I had a nagging feeling that we would be out by now so we get another crack at least

Barnsley at home. If Barnsley turn up on the back of a 10/11 game losing run then surely we have to beat them. If Lee Johnson is still in charge the atmosphere will be a little charged to say the least which could be good.However another 1-0 loss could see a lot of anger being vented towards the club & towards Dunn who needs to start winning games.

So how long before crowds at the games actually turn whether it be on Dunn or on the board because unrest does seem to be building and it can't carry on like this.

This season was supposed be to a ray of light at the end of a long :censored: dark tunnell with the new stand, a strong squad in the view of many with a future to look forward to. It's turning into a disaster.

When is your breaking point? When do you vent at management or the board or when do you simply just walk away?

For many it will be subconscious.

Not actively seeking to boycott, just find yourself doing other things on Saturday afternoons, which you would've otherwise put on hold if watching Latics was anything but dire. I've found myself less and less willing to make the effort to attend. Even last season I would've gone the extra mile to sort out something to watch the team, this season I don't even consider attending most games.

All I can think is ' At least Liam Kelly is back ' . If we dare to sell him in January we can start planning the tuesday night trips to Barnet & Crawley .

I'm not having Liam Kelly at the moment. All he seems to do is run around a lot and get Man of the Match for doing so. I expect much better from him...

I'm not having Liam Kelly at the moment. All he seems to do is run around a lot and get Man of the Match for doing so. I expect much better from him...

The only game I've seen is Swindon, but he bossed that game. Always showed for the ball and broke down their attacks more than anyone else in the defence and midfield. I wasn't too impressed by him when I saw him live last year either.

That's all he's ever done really, the hipsters won't hear a word said against him though.

I disagree with that, last season he was as good a defensive midfielder I've seen play for us in a long time.

This season, he and Jones haven't been anywhere near the standards they set last year.

I keep going because if I stop and we start doing well I'll feel like I'm coming back with my tail between my legs and feel like a bit of a glory hunter. Which is ridiculous when you consider I've been going 25+ years and for the most part of that we've been absolutely crap.

Also, if I stop going we will probably start winning. And I'm not having that. I'm not sticking round for 25 years watching us be absolutely dire, only for us to pick up as soon as I sack it off.

The club needs to make a real effort to address the issues the fans have. My suggestion would be to use that fancy new hospitality facility (when it's finished) to have each member of the board present to as many fans as you can cram in exactly what their role is, what they hope to achieve and how they're going to do that.

We've had as many new directors come in as loanees, all with impressive CVs, all to barely be heard from again.

Forget the meet the manager nights - totally pointless. Let's see the vision laid out for the club by every key person involved and then open the floor to questions.

If we could see some sort of plan for the future it might buy the manager and the team a bit of time to build with a bit less pressure for instant attacking winning football.

The club needs to make a real effort to address the issues the fans have. My suggestion would be to use that fancy new hospitality facility (when it's finished) to have each member of the board present to as many fans as you can cram in exactly what their role is, what they hope to achieve and how they're going to do that.

We've had as many new directors come in as loanees, all with impressive CVs, all to barely be heard from again.

Forget the meet the manager nights - totally pointless. Let's see the vision laid out for the club by every key person involved and then open the floor to questions.

If we could see some sort of plan for the future it might buy the manager and the team a bit of time to build with a bit less pressure for instant attacking winning football.

This absolutely spot on. I'd like to think the shiny new trust would be all over this. it's time those running the club stepped forward and explain what their plan is for the next 1-3 years is.... Is there a vision to develop some continuity and a plan to start reversing the decline? Or are they simply going stick to wait and see, let's hope for the best strategy that sees anything above 21st as 'job done' surely the happiest of clappers can see that to continue as we are is going to an inevitable relegation in the next year or so?

I'll just keep going as long as I can afford a ST. Rather have a club than not.

I've consistently had the same viewpoint Chris but to struggle year on year with no plan isn't enough any more, success is not guaranteed but those clubs with a plan tend to do better. Gillingham, Walsall and Burton don't get massively higher crowds or have higher budgets. So why are they bidding the division? Answer, a plan to move forward every year and improve. Develop good young home grown players cherry pick a sprinkling of GOOD loanees and reinvest transfer fees but above all they play attacking football well Walsall and Gills do.

Excellent post

But in answer to the original post ...I'll never walk away

For me, if we carry on as we are till Christmas, I can see a clamour for a proven and experienced head leading into the New Year and next transfer window.

Whether it works or not who knows, we'd need to be looking for that experienced head now.

It just feels too soon to choose and change but it's been like this for 3 if the last 4 novices. Although I don't think of Johnson as a novice because of his Dad.

Experienced in leagues lower than ours did not seem to work eg Penney and Talbot.

But, we are relatively tricky to beat, maybe a couple if solid signings (not loans ) could just work.

Reading OWTB's today it is obvious that nobody is happy with performances not to mention results this season. Some vent more vehemently & constant than other but the general feeling seems to be anger frustration & boredom.

Our next 3 games should all be very very winnable.Should be....

Chesterfield away - We are unbeaten away from home but with only one win to our name unbelievably. Chesterfield haven't been good at home at all. Most would be OK with another away point wouldn't they?

Mansfield at Home in a replay could be tricky. We can't win a game but we are a division above so we should see them off no questions but will we? A loss could be a disaster for the season on & off the pitch. I had a nagging feeling that we would be out by now so we get another crack at least

Barnsley at home. If Barnsley turn up on the back of a 10/11 game losing run then surely we have to beat them. If Lee Johnson is still in charge the atmosphere will be a little charged to say the least which could be good.However another 1-0 loss could see a lot of anger being vented towards the club & towards Dunn who needs to start winning games.

So how long before crowds at the games actually turn whether it be on Dunn or on the board because unrest does seem to be building and it can't carry on like this.

This season was supposed be to a ray of light at the end of a long :censored: dark tunnell with the new stand, a strong squad in the view of many with a future to look forward to. It's turning into a disaster.

When is your breaking point? When do you vent at management or the board or when do you simply just walk away?

As a season ticket holder I'm glad to have the opportunity to stick two fingers up at them by not paying to go to the Mansfield replay.

Sad, I know but that's how I'm feeling.

I'd rather go to the Mansfield game than go to something like that...

As a season ticket holder I'm glad to have the opportunity to stick two fingers up at them by not paying to go to the Mansfield replay.

Sad, I know but that's how I'm feeling.

Unfortunately that is exactly how I feel. I don't fancy an hour & a half drive to be cold & bored. The days are gone where I would go & expect a few goals because we are playing 'lesser opposition'

I'd never properly called it a day. But I'm at the point now that I have almost zero desire to spend £25 on entry to watch us at home and a have a pint or two afterwards. I've already reached breaking point this season. The appointment of Kelly and the lack of being able to turn it around into November is the straw that's broke for me.

In fact, unless something dramatic changes (like we stay up and this time next season we're flying high at the top of the table) I'm going to give Latics a break. Check out a few European football weekend trips instead. I've got my eye on a couple of away matches this season but nothing beyond that.

Having said all that, I bet I go to the Mansfield replay if it's a tenner in.