Croft and Higdon at Mansfield.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely put on a lot of weight since he arrived here...

I don't mind croft, he puts 100% in and I know it won't win us points but I can't dislike him for it.

He must be in his comfort zone up here in Oldham though because he's been :censored:e compared to last time round and definitely isn't giving it his all off the training ground to get into reasonable shape.

Say what you like about Croft and Higdon's weight however I will expand and say this:

I'm not a big lover of Croft myself but at least on Saturday he was direct and knew what he wanted to do (attack the fullback) when he got the ball and had our only shot on target?

Higdon was poor on Saturday, probably seen there the worst you could have Higdon but when he's good and gets the service he is extremely effective!

Higdon alongside Poleon still could work! (Losing patience with Poleon mind!)

Higdon, because of his physique and height pulls generally 2 centre backs to challenge for the ball leaving plenty of space for the second ball or indeed for Poleon to exploit when Higdon wins the header.

I've been very critical of Croft this season but unlike the infuriating Yeates and his insistence of running into blind alleys against Burton Croft at least got chalk on his boots and got to the by line.

Although I feel we are crying out for pacy wingers we've big targets in the middle with fuller ang the Higopattumus it's criminal we rarely stick owt on their noggins....

Given that Croft went off injured on Saturday isn't this talk about his weight currently a bit of a moot point?

Can't see why. If he was fatter than a professional athlete should be I dare say (without knowing what it was) that perhaps his fitness even contributed.

Edited by Dave_Og