Thanks for the memories but .......

To see so many others in the same situation is comforting in a way but tragic in others. Me and my dad have season tickets and Latics has been the common interest throughout my youth and into my 30's. We've also had the conversation that we will attend the games left this season but call it a day on getting season tickets. Sad but we no longer enjoy football at Boundary park and we don't need latics anymore to spend time together especially at a financial cost and at the detriment of our happier memories of games we've seen and happier times over the years.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the same token you can fall in weatherto a puddle of water and not survive.

You could also die falling off a kerb or survive falling 33,000ft like Vesta Vulovic did.

How one club competes on finance with its peers is not however a statement of fact when the subject is infinitely more complex.

Burton chairman Ben Robinson is a local business man and been connected to the club for 40 years, the majority as chairman. A massive, massive difference from our situation. They have also been lucky with their managers. There are also many other reasons if you were really interested- but you're not.

Edited by mikeroyboy

• 11 months later...

The drum issue does need raising, it's one thing having a drum to accompany a group of 50+ singers but to keep banging it for no reason whatsoever is just making the atmosphere even worse, it dominates all three home stands and it seems the less people who sing the harder the drum is banged, it should be banned from home games until there's a big enough group to warrant having it as I know other fans who have stopped going because of the constant thud and din, don't get me wrong I'm all for getting behind the team and think the athleticos do their best but one man's pleasure in banging a drum for 90 minutes shouldn't be at the expense of everyone else in the ground.

For the record I'm not anti drum, just against it being walloped pointlessly for 90 minutes at the expense of having some real atmosphere, ironically the only real atmosphere in the ground on Saturday was for the lads who played at half time where genuine cheers and applause were allowed to generate, it did seem to coincide with the drum being redundant.

Yessssss, finally people revolting against the drummer boy. Super oldham super oldham wahey wahey has to be the :censored:test, most idiotic song in football, but that drummer boy sure does love it. #drummerout

Nah, the most pointless and idiotic chant is errrrrrrrrrryour're:censored:aaaaaaaahhhhhh every time the oppo keeper takes a goal/free kick. Makes me cringe, that one. But, as for the drum, I aim to be as far away from it as possible. The last thing I need at a football match is partial deafness. Unless it's caused by a proper singing session.

Nah, the most pointless and idiotic chant is errrrrrrrrrryour're:censored:aaaaaaaahhhhhh every time the oppo keeper takes a goal/free kick. Makes me cringe, that one. But, as for the drum, I aim to be as far away from it as possible. The last thing I need at a football match is partial deafness. Unless it's caused by a proper singing session.

Maybe the drummer could be pursueded to swap it for a rattle?

When was the last time we heard one of those at BP?

Edited by BP1960

FAO Lee Sinnott

I've only been to one game this season and its unlikely that I will be back for a while as I decided to start coaching rugby which takes up my Saturdays. Thanks for asking I'm deeply moved.

Should we get to the play-offs or draw a Welsh Club in the Champions League Qualifiers I'll try and find the time to attend. If I do I'll let you know and give you the opportunity to call me a 'glory hunter'.

You can put me in the category of 'found something else to do at the weekend'. As for my Dad he's not been since my original attention seeking post, I think he sits in the house on a Saturday afternoon listening to the 'wireless' whilst annoying the hell out of my mum by feeding the starlings Weet-a-bix. She started buying Lidls own brand as it was costing her a fortune but whilst starlings didn't notice any difference she found the cheaper variety rather bland. Like most people she blames her weekend problems on Simon Corney as before he came along my mum would have the house to herself on a Saturday afternoon and she could watch recorded episodes of Emmerdale.

Given that you have so much time on your hands to seek out a post from a year ago I suggest you consider taking up an interest that makes a more positive contribution to your own wellbeing and society in general otherwise you run the risk of coming across a bit of a dick.

Edited by joe_lead

FAO Lee Sinnott

I've only been to one game this season and its unlikely that I will be back for a while as I decided to start coaching rugby which takes up my Saturdays. Thanks for asking I'm deeply moved.

Should we get to the play-offs or draw a Welsh Club in the Champions League Qualifiers I'll try and find the time to attend. If I do I'll let you know and give you the opportunity to call me a 'glory hunter'.

You can put me in the category of 'found something else to do at the weekend'. As for my Dad he's not been since my original attention seeking post, I think he sits in the house on a Saturday afternoon listening to the 'wireless' whilst annoying the hell out of my mum by feeding the starlings Weet-a-bix. She started buying Lidls own brand as it was costing her a fortune but whilst starlings didn't notice any difference she found the cheaper variety rather bland. Like most people she blames her weekend problems on Simon Corney as before he came along my mum would have the house to herself on a Saturday afternoon and she could watch recorded episodes of Emmerdale.

Given that you have so much time on your hands to seek out a post from a year ago I suggest you consider taking up an interest that makes a more positive contribution to your own wellbeing and society in general otherwise you run the risk of coming across a bit of a dick.

That is a gem of a post.