Another monumental cock up

Shame you woke up too late? Why? What would have happened had they woken up earlier?

This sort of sweeping contempt for fellow Latics fans is something that I can't be doing with. Just like when people flippantly post about negative fans, who often have every right to feel negative and who are still obviously interested if they're taking the time to be negative! And it certainly doesn't help when Corney, Barry and Dunn make it clear that they :censored:ing hate the fans too.

And that bit about LeylandLatic, you're the pot, he's the kettle...?

In work so can't really do a big post. But you say this to me as if I haven't been suggesting alternative paths over the years.

1, The trust - The trust main aim over the years should of been about building a fighting fund so it was in a position to step in as a middle man to support and runt he club should the time come. Instead we choose to hand over every penny we got to some business men in return for what exactly ? 3% shares and not a lot else....

2, It was clear to me six years ago we had gone too far with the current lot. They had failed to deliver time and time again. The dreams where getting smaller and smaller. Instead of pressuring for a change we choose (mostly) to clap along and pretend everything would work out in the end. It hasn't and happy clappers where wrong.

They are waking up now but the club is a crap investment for anyone looking at us now. The land was our only real asset and its been wasted away on failed projects and building the shed. Sad times.... We could of called time on it a long time ago and took the risk of forcing this lot out and finding new owners. This with a trust with some money in it.....

But no.... People like we was wrong about the trust, we was wrong about the club, we was wrong about the owners..... We was just moaners....

Any sort of sweeping content is nothing less than the sweeping content myself and others have faced when we pointed all this out over the years. The happy clappers can live with a couple of posts in return surely....

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In work so can't really do a big post. But you say this to me as if I haven't been suggesting alternative paths over the years.

1, The trust - The trust main aim over the years should of been about building a fighting fund so it was in a position to step in as a middle man to support and runt he club should the time come. Instead we choose to hand over every penny we got to some business men in return for what exactly ? 3% shares and not a lot else....

2, It was clear to me six years ago we had gone too far with the current lot. They had failed to deliver time and time again. The dreams where getting smaller and smaller. Instead of pressuring for a change we choose (mostly) to clap along and pretend everything would work out in the end. It hasn't and happy clappers where wrong.

They are waking up now but the club is a crap investment for anyone looking at us now. The land was our only real asset and its been wasted away on failed projects and building the shed. Sad times.... We could of called time on it a long time ago and took the risk of forcing this lot out and finding new owners. This with a trust with some money in it.....

But no.... People like we was wrong about the trust, we was wrong about the club, we was wrong about the owners.....

The Trust was completely dysfunctional while it had Barry at the helm and served no real purpose as far as I could see. Of course there are arguments as to whether the money should be squirelled for a very rainy day or whether it should be put to use in the near term and I can see both sides. But regardless, what could the Trust have done six years ago or at any time in between then and now? Corney and his mates own this club and the 3% owned by the Trust affords the Trust no power whatsoever.

It's been clear to me for a very long time that the only reason Corney is still around is to look after the sideline ventures for the two guys who had all the money and to keep the club ticking over in the background.

However, the club needs the type of fans you're slating (more than it needs you or I) because they're the ones still paying for season tickets.

However, the club needs the type of fans you're slating (more than it needs you or I) because they're the ones still paying for season tickets.

I disagree.... What it needs, and has needed for a long time now, is change....

Just turning up every week handing over £20 (or whatever) does nothing but continue the current path to nowhere....

Edited by oafc0000

But regardless, what could the Trust have done six years ago or at any time in between then and now?

Well I said early on the Trust needed change as well.... It needed someone other than Barry.... I said this very early in its life. I said it need a different approch, a different set of aims.... In my vision it would of done aggressive fund raising and by now would have millions in the bank... It was all possible....

if it had it would of had been building a war chest up and putting itself in a position where it was the options of last resort and support the club between buyers for example or maybe more....

Obviously the trust today couldn't.... The trust of six years ago couldn't... and the trust of ten years time won't be able to with its current approach....

Edited by oafc0000

Oh a bit of bad news, let's see who makes their biennial appearance claiming Nostradamus like predictions.

Considering I have been here since the site opened (old official site / JK Latics).... and if you are right I only come here for the bad news.... I suppose the only consistent factor in all this is the stream of "bad news"....

Considering I have been here since the site opened (old official site / JK Latics).... and if you are right I only come here for the bad news.... I suppose the only consistent factor in all this is the stream of "bad news"....

Doesn't matter when you became a member, the point Singe was making is that you seem to take a great amount of joy from any form of bad news !

That said, you are entitled to your opinions :grin:

Not that anyone really gives a :censored: :chubb:

Doesn't matter when you became a member, the point Singe was making is that you seem to take a great amount of joy from any form of bad news !

That said, you are entitled to your opinions :grin:

Not that anyone really gives a :censored: :chubb:

The idea I take joy out of any of this is truly :censored:ed up to be honest. Think about that for a second.... Went to my first game when I was five with my dad... Had a season ticket every year for about 25 years without a break.... Before making the decision I just can't support the direction of travel any more and hand more money to this lot to waste away, it was :censored:ing depressing me.... And now I am happy to see the club go from one disaster to another ? I mean are you for real ? I can understand people using that as a bit of dig, and its water offs a ducks back, if you REALLY think that then it really is crazy hour isn't it....

The whole situation makes me angry not happy...

As for no one giving a :censored:. I would say that's how we got here... :P

Edited by oafc0000

You see everything as bad news, calling a stand you've never seen in the flesh 'a shed' just shows what sort of person you are.

You got your season ticket back off the pitch yet? *rolls eyes*

Thanks to Diego I have seen lots of nice photos :)

Edited by oafc0000

The idea I take joy out of any of this is truly :censored:ed up to be honest. Think about that for a second.... Went to my first game when I was five with my dad... Had a season ticket every year for about 25 years without a break.... Before making the decision I just can't support the direction of travel any more and hand more money to this lot to waste away, it was :censored:ing depressing me.... And now I am happy to see the club go from one disaster to another ? I mean are you for real ? I can understand people using that as a bit of dig, and its water offs a ducks back, if you REALLY think that then it really is crazy hour isn't it....

The whole situation makes me angry not happy...

As for no one giving a :censored:. I would say that's how we got here... :P

ok i will indulge you,

No right minded supporter wants to see problems at the club, whether they may be on or off field.

I think you would be better just to sever your links with the club altogether, maybe step away from the computer in the way you abandoned Boundary Park !

That way you could avoid all the negativity and continue through life in a carefree and drama free way :D

Sorted !!!!

ok i will indulge you,

No right minded supporter wants to see problems at the club, whether they may be on or off field.

I think you would be better just to sever your links with the club altogether, maybe step away from the computer in the way you abandoned Boundary Park !

That way you could avoid all the negativity and continue through life in a carefree and drama free way :D

Sorted !!!!

But I don't want to... I don't think that helps... I love this club!

Although I am accused of turning my back on the "club" I have not. I will be back the day this current lot have gone.

The thing is oafc0000 the club need people to still turn up to keep things going until the day arrives that a fresh face can takeover the place. If everybody adopted your attitude the club would be finished for good. People have a problem with your posts because they only ever seem to appear when the brown stuff is hitting the fan.

But I don't want to... I don't think that helps... I love this club!

Although I am accused of turning my back on the "club" I have not. I will be back the day this current lot have gone.

OK Dude, how about this tempting little idea

Why not don your christmas jumper and whizz over on Saturday :D festive fun day and all that !

law of averages says we must be soon due a goal, we may even win.

Then we could all rejoice and be merry :D

Edited by archiecat

The thing is oafc0000 the club need people to still turn up to keep things going until the day arrives that a fresh face can takeover the place. If everybody adopted your attitude the club would be finished for good. People have a problem with your posts because they only ever seem to appear when the brown stuff is hitting the fan.

Unless not turning up is the driver for change

Unless not turning up is the driver for change

It was for Chester, Hereford, etc...

The result wasn't very pretty for them. So no thanks, I will keep turning up inspite of our "leader" and long after him...and there are few that have wanted him gone longer than I have!

Well there is little point in me posting about the weekends game considering I didn't attend. So I can only talk about off the field events.

Not going is a personal decision and not done to bring change.

I simply can't / won't hand over money to someone I think is :censored:ing up the club. It's pointless... Its like me joining the Tory party and saying keep up the good work Mt Osborn as he takes a massive dump on my child's schools budget.

I argued for many years as a season ticket holder for change from the trust, the club and so on and no one was really interested. You just give up in the end and realise attending isn't making you happy anymore.

I'll be back to try again when this lot have gone. For better or worse.

Edited by oafc0000

Not going is a personal decision and not done to bring change.

I simply can't / won't hand over money to someone I think is :censored:ing up the club. It's pointless... Its like me joining the Tory party and saying keep up the good work Mt Osborn as he takes a massive dump on my child's schools budget.

I argued for many years as a season ticket holder for change from the trust, the club and so on and no one was really interested. You just give up in the end and realise attending isn't making you happy anymore.

I'll be back to try again when this lot have gone. For better or worse.

As I recall it, you have previosuly stated that it was family commitments that meant you went less and less. Which is absoluteltly the right priority.