Another monumental cock up

Someone I know on Facebook has put on that there was 70 booked in to new function suite tomorrow night and they have had a phone call tonight to say it's been cancelled. This club and its situation is getting worse by the minute

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need new owners along with a complete board clear out ..........this lot couldn't manage a piss up in a :censored:in brewery!!!

Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy or The Marx Bros couldn't have done any worse, the untold damage caused by all this will not become apparent until ST time next May.

I thought we had employed an events manager to promote the facility and attract new business.....what a diamond geezer he must be.....wouldn't be surprised to see a resignation shortly.....whether it's his fault or not he must be mightily pissed off.

Just think that the same board are running our football club.....it's no wonder we are in such a mess!!!!!

I don't think we can blame this particular cock up on Corney or the board, at a guess I'd say it was down to either the Events Manager, Rob Smyth or Commercial Director Mark Moisley.

Names source:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/club-directory/index.aspx

You can blame Corney if:

1) it's true and

2) it's down to cash flow slowing the build.

Are we sure this was the case? Came back from a meal about 8.30 last night and the lights were on in one of the conference rooms and it looked like there was an event going on...

Probably nothing to do with the stand being unfinished... Probably double booked! Wouldn't put it past this lot.

I don't think we can blame this particular cock up on Corney or the board, at a guess I'd say it was down to either the Events Manager, Rob Smyth or Commercial Director Mark Moisley.

Names source:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/club-directory/index.aspx

If this event is cancelled with 24 hours notice you should not blame the blokes who have been employed to sell the place and manage and run the actual event.

I walked the dog past there last night and there was definitely something going on .. lots of people arriving and a number of ladies in posh frocks .. maybe a double booking ? Isn't there 2 function rooms .. so maybe 1 finished, 1 not finished, so unfortunately they have been cancelled??

Edited by thetramdriver

Definitely true I'm afraid. Got a text about 9pm yesterday. We were having our Xmas party there tonight. No idea who or what is to blame but bad news all round. Heard a party last night was stopped in full flow? We've been offered a free party later on this month or in Jan if we want.

Definitely true I'm afraid. Got a text about 9pm yesterday. We were having our Xmas party there tonight. No idea who or what is to blame but bad news all round. Heard a party last night was stopped in full flow? We've been offered a free party later on this month or in Jan if we want.

So the 24/7 income from the North Stand which is predicted to cover the losses of OAFC Ltd is already being discounted to freebies.

Quite honestly you couldnt make it up to be this incompetent could you?

Absolutely dreading next Friday now when ours in in there.

The bosses sister in law was there last night...or shall I say wasn't as they were alledgedly turn away at the door, ended up in Indish instead.

Could this get any worse for our event centre.

Someones probably fell down a lift shaft or something, clubs run by amateurs from top to bottom, the repercussions from this and the long term effect on the buisness are the more worrying aspects of this whole sorry mess, why dont they invite the disappointed guests to the club pantomime on the other side of the ground it normally starts at 9am on a Monday morning.

Absolutely dreading next Friday now when ours in in there.

The bosses sister in law was there last night...or shall I say wasn't as they were alledgedly turn away at the door, ended up in Indish instead.

Could this get any worse for our event centre.

I cannot believe this is happening....WTF is going on at this club?

And not a word from within!!

Someones probably fell down a lift shaft or something, clubs run by amateurs from top to bottom, the repercussions from this and the long term effect on the buisness are the more worrying aspects of this whole sorry mess

For once yarddog 73 I probably agree with you, it's a farce!

The sooner we get new owners the better

Edited by ChaddySmoker